export to H.264 adds a frame at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #1
New Boot

export to H.264 adds a frame

Footage taken from 7D in 23.97 timecode and converted to pro-res, edited in FCP and exported via Compressor to 24 frames per second H.264

The export added a blank frame right between two cuts that was not there in the edit and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I went back in and double checked my timeline and there was no extra frame there.

Has anyone had anything like this happen before?
Ryan Hargrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Major Player

Try exporting a self-contained movie (do not use quicktime conversion or 'send to compressor).

Check the movie first and then import this into compressor. I never send straight from the timeline to compressor. This should work better.
Jon Braeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #3
New Boot

by self contained you mean export the video with a pro-res codec?

It's strange, I have never had this happen before.
Old August 10th, 2010, 06:08 AM   #4
Major Player

There are no options when you export a self-contained movie. You get whatever settings you chose for your timeline in the sequence settings.
So yes, if you have pro-res for rendering out in your sequence setting, then thats fine.

You should then then have a QT movie at full res - which you then import into compressor - but which you can check first for the extra frame.
Jon Braeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #5
New Boot

gotcha. I get what you're saying.

I'll give that a try and see what happens.
Old August 10th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #6
New Boot

tried that as wel to no avail. i went in and re-did the cut between clips and that seemed to clear it up. something must have been off in the XML or something.

Appreciate the advice
Ryan Hargrave is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD