Continuous AutoFocus 1080p24 DSLR Nikon for $600?! T2i maybe already obsolete? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 25th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Yep, I figured...

Razor sharp glass, and these sensors do NOT mix. Fine for stills, awful for video.
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #17
Major Player

That depends Perrone. If you shoot with a lot of blur the codec usually stands up okay. I rarely get really bad moire issues - apart from roof tiles - but then most of my stuff is shallow DoF!

Here's what I usually run with on the 7D for documentary.

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8
Canon 28mm f/1.8
Nikon 50mm f/1.4
Canon 85mm f/1.8
Canon 70-200 f/2.8
Falcon 800mm f/8
2x converter
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #18
Major Player

focus modes are always left in manual on all our cameras. in fact i tape over the af buttons so they arent accidentally used. video or stills, i always manual focus.
Panagiotis Raris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #19
Trustee

I think with the AF question kinda answered (nobody really cares about it) the Nikon will not take off like the t2i did as it's missing a lot of really important features. Main for me is the full manual shooting in video. Seems like this is an beginners camera and Nikon's attempt to show they are working on supplying a proper pro camera. This just isn't it though!

I'll chime in on the AF situation anyway by saying it's so much nicer to manually focus in almost every situation especially with a good loupe and follow focus. The only time I miss it is when I fly my camera on the blackbird but those shots never really need super shallow DOF anyway.
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Re: Continuous AutoFocus 1080p24 DSLR Nikon for $600?! T2i maybe already obsolete?

Hi, happy new year!

This is an interesting topic. Any updates? Have you looked at the Sony Alphas? I can imagine the help of having continuous AF.

What would be a nice is to have the unsung hero, and one of my favorite"PushAF" momentary button found on some camcorders. Really amazing!
Ervz Tia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #21
Major Player

Re: Continuous AutoFocus 1080p24 DSLR Nikon for $600?! T2i maybe already obsolete?

From what I've heard, the "continuous" AF on the D7000 is relatively useless, probably np different on this new model.

Writing something in a spec is one thing, but real-world use is another. Similar to Nikon's D7000 high FPS burst rate - that slows down to a crawl after a few shots (not mentioned in the specs)!
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD