Compatibility of Full Frame lenses... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post
You don't want to do that. That's like buying a one-size-fits-all pair of clown pants. You can wear 'em, but do you REALLY want to?
Quote:
My el cheapo 18-55mm is a walk around lens (actually it's a dust-cap but that's a different story).
I laughed both times. You are on a roll today, Mr. Ford.
Bill Koehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #32
Major Player

Hello again!

Just updating those interested in my final choice. Although I did not rent the lenses, I ended up choosing the Canon 18-135mm IS lens. The price was right and has a reach that satisfies my needs for photographing my children. I also purchased the nifty fifty ($100 50mm) and let me tell ya...I find myself shooting with this lens more often than with my 18-135mm.

Also, whenever I do use the zoom lens, I find myself within the 50mm range more often than not! The prime also teaches me discipline and makes me concentrate on my frame choice more and allows me to be much more creative, which is ironic because I thought it would hinder it!

Thanks again for all the help and now that I own a a fixed lens, I understand where you guys are coming from better than ever. Both lenses are solid choices for my needs and am very happy with them!
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:

You don't want to do that. That's like buying a one-size-fits-all pair of clown pants. You can wear 'em, but do you REALLY want to?

As far as I am aware.

This made my day Perrone. You have my vote, American Idol is still in the hunt for Simon's replacement. LOL
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rosales View Post
Hello again!

Just updating those interested in my final choice. Although I did not rent the lenses, I ended up choosing the Canon 18-135mm IS lens. The price was right and has a reach that satisfies my needs for photographing my children. I also purchased the nifty fifty ($100 50mm) and let me tell ya...I find myself shooting with this lens more often than with my 18-135mm.

Also, whenever I do use the zoom lens, I find myself within the 50mm range more often than not! The prime also teaches me discipline and makes me concentrate on my frame choice more and allows me to be much more creative, which is ironic because I thought it would hinder it!

Thanks again for all the help and now that I own a a fixed lens, I understand where you guys are coming from better than ever. Both lenses are solid choices for my needs and am very happy with them!
And now, you have a frame of reference for why I was such a pain in the rear to you! The 50 (or 35) is a darn fine lens for what you were describing. And as I expected, you are finding yourself in that range more and more often. There is a reason that since the dawn of SLR lenses, that focal length has been standard on the cameras.

Best of luck with your shooting!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD