Busy! Busy! Busy! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 28th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #1
Major Player

Busy! Busy! Busy!

I started out with my T2i and never had a problem. I picked up my 7d and love it! I had a gig and couldn't use my 7d so I took the T2i. I would film at 30fps and take pictures at Raw+L. I was using class 6 and class 10 cards. What I would experience is after filming or in between shots the camera would flash Busy and pause for about 15-20 seconds! This drove me crazy and it never used to happen. Has anybody else experienced that and how do I avoid it for next time?

***Just a sidebar, I've noticed that the T2i kicks the 7d's butt as far as the cards are concerned. I never even get close to using the same amount of cards on the T2i that I do on the 7d(this is just my non scientific observation).
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Lee Gordon View Post

***Just a sidebar, I've noticed that the T2i kicks the 7d's butt as far as the cards are concerned. I never even get close to using the same amount of cards on the T2i that I do on the 7d(this is just my non scientific observation).
What does this mean? Wouldn't this just be dependent on the size of the cards?
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Lee Gordon View Post
I would film at 30fps and take pictures at Raw+L. I was using class 6 and class 10 cards. What I would experience is after filming or in between shots the camera would flash Busy and pause for about 15-20 seconds! This drove me crazy and it never used to happen. Has anybody else experienced that and how do I avoid it for next time?
What brand cards are you using? Not all brands of Class (6) and Class (10) cards perform the same.

Are you reformatting the cards in the camera before each use? Simply deleting files often does not allow most efficient use of card space by the camera.

Some users problems with the T1i, the model previous to the T2i, caused Canon techs to advise them the camera could be "brand picky" and they advised the use of SanDisk Extreme III cards. When that advice was followed problems went away.

I've used nothing but SanDisk Extreme III Class (6) {both 20Mbps and 30Mbps versions} and SanDisk Extreme Class (10) cards in my T1i (before I sold that one) and T2i and have never encountered your problem. And I reformat cards in the camera once I have the files transferred to two external hard drives for safety.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD