Pentax-m smc 50mm 1.4f - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:54 AM   #16
Major Player

Folks, you don't need to hack the aperture pin on your Pentax M or A lenses if you're using them on an APS-C camera like the 550D and 7D because the mirror box is so much smaller than a FF camera like the 5D2.
Aaron Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Got the lens and the Adapter.

The low light capabilities are amazing and the buttery smooth focus wheel is ust a joy.

All i need now is zoom H4N :)

:)

Thank you Folks.
Gustavs Repse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 12:00 PM   #18
Major Player

great lens eh? skip the zoom and pick up a Tascam DR-680 instead (unless you need the onboard mics)
Aaron Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Well this is my second lens, so for me there is no comparison jet. (Except kit lens.)

But yes, they are great. And the build is solid :)

About Zoom h4n. I do need it because of the on board mic. Seen some examples on YouTube and the quality seems fine. And the product you offer is 700 $ + . That's beyond my limits of spending.

For the videos that i will be making Zoom should do fine.
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #20
Major Player

Actually, consider the Tascam DR-100 instead of the Zoom. Similar price range & features to the H4n, but has a couple things that make the workflow much nicer.
Old September 27th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Hi Evan.

Thank you for the tip, but regardless of the Easy'er work flow i rather stick with the H4n, since it is approved by many as a "Cant go wrong for the price" product.

Don't want to second guess my purchase latter on.

Good night sleep > few more mins at pc to get the job done.
Old September 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #22
Major Player

When I say workflow, I don't mean back at the PC, I mean in the field. If a good night's sleep is what you want, get the DR-100 instead of the H4n. Trust me.

The single biggest flaw of the H4n is that when the battery dies you lose whatever was recording at the time - not just the end, but the entire recording. I lost the audio for a 30 minute interview because of this. The DR-100 has a built-in backup battery so this won't happen.

The H4n also only has a single level control for the two XLR inputs - so you can't set the two channels independently. This is a real problem if you want to use two different mics, or if you just want to split a single mic to two channels and set the level on one lower than the other for a safety track. The DR-100 also has two dials for the level settings which are much nicer than the single up-down button on the H4n.

I have the H4n, I've shot a lot of hours with it, the quality is great and I still use it all the time - it's a great deal for the price and used to be significantly cheaper than the DR-100. But now that the price difference is gone there's no way I'd buy it over the Tascam. We've used both on my last few projects and the Tascam is equally good in terms of quality but better in terms of peace of mind and usability in the field.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD