wide angle on APS-C sensor DSLR - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:46 PM   #16
Major Player

That was wide open.
Kin Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM   #17
Regular Crew

OK thanks.
Is there something as good as the canon diopter on the market with a 67 mm thread. I couldn't find it.
If bot, would it be better to get a 67-77 step up or by a close up filter from another brand?
Rob deJong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 05:22 AM   #18
Major Player

It's a bugger how these factors sneak up and catch you out. I use Canon 1Ds3 and 1D4 bodies for stills photography, and wanted an ultrawide for the 1D4 (APS-H or 1.3) but there is very little choice. There are plenty for APS-C, but other than the Sigma 10-22mm I am not going to be able to shoot video as wide as I'd like to with the 1D4. The thing I had not even thought about this being a problem until it became a problem - if you know what I mean.
Trevor Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #19
Trustee

any of these adapters in front of the lens will cause problems. if you want to use a close up diopter I'd only recommend a #1. anything more will make for aberrations that will be objectionable.

the best solution, and also cheaper solution is extensions tubes. you can get a 3 tube set ( 12-15mm, 21, 32-36 ) set with lens coupling pins for iris and focus for about $80 on ebay. be sure you get ones with METAL not plastic lens mounts. the shortest one will probably work fine, but if you need closer, you can change tubes or add them in combination. needless to say DoF becomes extremely shallow and a macro focusing rail might also be on your shopping list.

I've use a tamron 17-50 which focuses really close to start with this way, as well as a OM 50 1.4 with good results.

you'll find even F16 to be shallow.

if you want to get close and far away in focus, try a SPLIT diopter, 1/2 filter 1/2 nothing.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD