DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Who received their 60D? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/485130-who-received-their-60d.html)

Chris Estrella September 22nd, 2010 02:26 PM

Who received their 60D?

I've read some reports that their 60D has been shipped to them already, but most online retailers still say it's not out yet.

So who's received their 60D and from where?

Rich Ryan September 22nd, 2010 04:17 PM

Almost. It's been shipped and should arrive on Friday. (-:

Xian Messerschmidt September 22nd, 2010 10:12 PM

Got mine on Tuesday. I had pre-ordered it from Amazon but got tired of hearing about other places already shipping. I canceled with Amazon and ordered from Pictureline.

Pictureline: Pro Camera Store | canon nikon epson apple | shop pictureline

Had the camera the following morning. Haven't had time to do anything with it, though.

Josh Fung September 23rd, 2010 05:56 AM

Overheat?

Xian.. any chance u can test the over heating issue with this camera and report back? Thanks!

Chris Estrella September 24th, 2010 09:23 PM

Got my 60D today :) Decided to just buy it at a retail store since I'm not saving anything if I buy it online. And the extended warranty was a pretty good deal too.

I guess most of the details about it (except overheating perhaps) has been exposed, so there's nothing really to share. The manual audio controls are a nice addition although you have to access it in the menu, which may be tedious to do on the fly, especially during events and stuff. I'm not even sure if you can see the levels while recording...

Will play with it some more soon :)

J.J. Kim September 25th, 2010 07:45 AM

got mine 4 days ago.
you can check my unboxing video and quick comp video with 7D

Khoi Pham September 25th, 2010 08:27 AM

Hi J J, can you do test and see which one the 7D or 60 overheat faster under same condition?
Thanks.

Ivan Gomez Villafane September 25th, 2010 09:17 AM

Hi J.J., in the test video I can't really tell any clearly marked difference, do you see any when looking at the raw files in your monitor?

Thank you!!!

Steve Oakley September 28th, 2010 02:00 PM

can you flip the LCD screen around so its facing out, and folded into the body like a normal screen ? one would assume....

Sam Kanter September 28th, 2010 10:24 PM

If you flip screen all the way around to shoot oneself, does the camera flip LCD image so it's not upside down?

Thanks...

Also, can you show size difference between 60D and T2i?

J.J. Kim September 28th, 2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khoi Pham (Post 1572804)
Hi J J, can you do test and see which one the 7D or 60 overheat faster under same condition?
Thanks.

Will do soon.
I added HDMI output test first because that was one of the most demanded next to overheating.
I will try to do it as soon as possible.

J.J. Kim September 28th, 2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan Gomez Villafane (Post 1572816)
Hi J.J., in the test video I can't really tell any clearly marked difference, do you see any when looking at the raw files in your monitor?

Thank you!!!

not really. they are pretty damn close.
now having K-Temp, the footage can be very closely matched.

J.J. Kim September 28th, 2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Oakley (Post 1573736)
can you flip the LCD screen around so its facing out, and folded into the body like a normal screen ? one would assume....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kanter (Post 1573869)
If you flip screen all the way around to shoot oneself, does the camera flip LCD image so it's not upside down?

Thanks...

Also, can you show size difference between 60D and T2i?

LCD does flip and put fold like normal screen.
it does flip the image when all the turned out to shoot oneself.
As for the size difference, I posted some still photos on vimeo site here.
Please visit the actual website where the 2nd video is posted.
Thanks!

Galen Rath October 3rd, 2010 06:14 PM

J. J., or anyone else, does the HMDI output full HD video on an external monitor while recording? Thanks.

Sam Kanter October 3rd, 2010 08:27 PM

B&H still does not have it for me to check out - I'll report back when they do (and see if its worth upgrading my T2i). I've always wanted an articulating screen, though I'm sure the 600D will have one in a smaller and cheaper package than 60D.