Can you think of ANY used and manual lens under 22mm, under 2.2 and under $220?? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 28th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Great looking video Mark.
It looks like my next lens is going to be Sigma 20mm f1.8. Though the experts seem to pan it, it has good user reviews. Chief complaints are corners being soft and dark at f1.8 on a full frame. I hope it may not be an issue on 1.6 crop sensor, especially for video.
Those Japanese lenses prices have gone up quite a bit since last Christmas. On this Sigma it has gone from $300 to $410, perhaps due to strong yen vs dollar this year.
Well, maybe in two months it will be a bit more reasonable. But wide and fast lens is hard to find and this is a winner.
Lee Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 06:29 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Lee, I use the Sigma 20 1.8 all of the time, especially for hand held run and gun video. It also focuses really close so you can get some interesting shots, in addition to being super fast. It's a touch soft wide open, but I'll still take that vs. dialing up the gain on the T2i. The footage cuts together with the Zeiss stuff just fine.

I picked one up (Nikon mount with adapter) used at KEH. keh.com
Jeff Krepner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:23 PM   #18
Major Player

10-22

Lee,
I own a Canon 10-22...I've used it for years shooting wedding stills on an older 20D. The lens is on par with my 24-70L series and at times I believe is actually sharper. That said, I now have it on a T2i and it is fantastic. Granted it's not the fastest lens, but finding a 1.8 or so at 20mm etc. is slim to non. If you can find a good used 10-22, I'd say buy it. You might even get it for around $500.
Best, Craig Hollenback
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD