Slow Motion Work Flow 7D with Final Cut at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 1st, 2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Slow Motion Work Flow 7D with Final Cut

I've read through all the old forums on how to get slo mo with 720p but I've seen some work that was shot with a 7D at 24p and the slow motion was really good.

Anyone have a good work flow to get slow motion out of 30p or 24p in cinema tools and final cut pro or Motion. I've conformed 30p in CT and it isn't slow enough. I then took it into Motion but it looked the same.

What is the best workflow to get a really slow shot of like a bride walking down the aisle or tossing her flowers?

Also, if a client is getting blu-ray then can I shoot at 720p and have it appear to look full HD? Would they notice? Would you notice?

thanks.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #2
New Boot

slo mo

Here's a tuturial on slo-mo using Cinema Tool. It works great.

How to turn 50p and 60p into slow motion with Cinema Tools | Philip Bloom
Don Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2010, 03:55 AM   #3
Major Player

For slow-motion on the 7D you need to shoot 60p and conform it to 24p. How you do that is dependent on which NLE you are using. Though, I'd avoid shooting 60p on the 7D altogether - it looks terrible, really terrible.

My advice: use Twixtor.
Old October 15th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #4
Major Player

Don, I wish I could shoot in 60p, but 720 I hear is not a good thing. I can't wait to use Full HD 60P on the 7D or newer model.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 04:18 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Hall View Post
For slow-motion on the 7D you need to shoot 60p and conform it to 24p. [...] Though, I'd avoid shooting 60p on the 7D altogether - it looks terrible, really terrible. My advice: use Twixtor.
I'll second that. If done correctly, 30fps (or even 24fps) post slomo in 1080p will look better than 60fps 720p slowmo.

-- peer

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD