correct memory cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 14th, 2010, 04:54 AM   #1
Major Player

correct memory cards

I am using Sandisk Extreme 30 MB/s 16 GB cards in my T2i. Are these fast enough? I have heard that using slow cards contributes to overheating. The footage has been fine...no problems that way.
I couldn't find anything faster.
Thanks, Craig
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #2
Trustee

Should be.

I use 8GB version of the same thing - Class (10) - and 2 older Extreme III Class (6) cards, one 20Mbps and one 30Mbps (the last Class (6) Extreme III version before the Class (10) hit the market.

I've had no "overheating" issues. The cards stay cool and I've not seen the temp icon on either my T2i or my 7D. But I shut the camera down in between takes where some rehearsal or other setup is needed.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD