My huge 7D/Tokina 11-16 tragedy - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 12th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #16
Major Player

The said Tokina lens has now been shipped to the repair location recommended by Tokina on the Warranty Card.
THK Photo Products, Inc.

We'll see what they say about it.

Thanks for the kind words and advice everyone.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 01:52 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Hey Steve, you should get the guy fixing the 7D to check that the mount is still in perfect alignment. Have dropped cameras in the past and not realised there was serious damage to alignment until in a low DOF situation and mages are soft. Really worth checking because it does not take much.

I.
Ian Withnall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 12:11 AM   #18
Trustee

Steve,
Your experience reminded me of something I did years ago.
Back in the 80's I was playing a lot of music, and had a Haynes silver hand made flute. This was a top of the line instrument worth over 3k at the time. After a gig, I was loading my gear into the trunk of my bmw 2002. I put the flute case on the large rear bumper while loading, closed my trunk, and headed down the road. When I got home, there was no flute in the trunk, and then I realized I had left it on the bumper. Someone got a present that night, and I often wonder where my beloved instrument ended up.
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 06:45 AM   #19
Regular Crew

this reminds me, while i was shooting a car show, a very hot model was in front of my camera not facing it.
she then proceeded to move backwards running into my camera, i apologized of course..to her and the boyfriend..but i screamed at her "HEY, WATCH OUT" while i grabbed her hard from the arm and pulled her forward..

once i told the boyfriend how much the camera was (mere 2K$)
he proceeded to scream at her as well...

hey, what can i say
Alejandro Vargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #20
Major Player

Bitter- Ending

Got my lens back from THK repair. It has been totally repaired and reset to Tokina factory specs with 6mos warranty on the work. ($210.00 repair) Title above should have read "Bitter-Sweet Ending"

THK was fairly easy to deal with but they do not follow up with e-mails about when repair is completed. I had to call and found out it had been repaired and shipped and was on its way. The friendly employee on the phone also gave a UPS tracking #. Over-All....I am satisfied with this repair company.

Last edited by Steve Witt; December 26th, 2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: title
Steve Witt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD