Indifocus Pro , follow focus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Major Player

Indifocus Pro , follow focus

have any of you used these products?

They are considerably cheaper but there is very limited information on the website.

I'd love to hear your thoughts if you've seen or tested these
Chris Westerstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't have any experience with either of these items, but I found this, after I googled them. Hope it helps.

IndiFOCUS Pro Review at DVinfo.net
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #3
Major Player

thanks, I went searching post by post instead.

Your way was only ever so slightly more efficient

are they talking about this product though? http://indisystem.com/products/indifocus_pro
Chris Westerstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #4
Major Player

This follow focus is the more popular choice for a low budget -
Jag35.com - D|Focus - The Affordable Follow Focus

But I advise to get better gears - the Jag ones I found to be useless and irritating - they use different size screws to fit various diameter lenses - terrible to use.
Jon Braeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #5
Trustee

In my professional opinion, there are areas you don't want to skimp on. These are things which can still be used, even if your camera changes every year.

Audio
Camera Support
Lenses/Follow Focus

Bottom line... If you buy a crappy follow focus, lens or mic, you generally regret it every time you have to use it!

Good Luck!
Old December 14th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #6
Major Player

I've used the indifocus follow focus item, I thought it worked fine. I hired a dp who used it, he also thought it worked fine.
Dennis Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 08:42 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I bought an indiefocus Matte Box, and wile it IS a great deal for the price, It's NOT what i would call professional grade. nor is the management at indifocus (just TRY getting a hold of ANYONE via email of phone).

If at all possible, I would go with Jag35, who I also have bought many products from. Theyre about the same level of quality (decent, not indestructible, but you'll get plenty of use from it), but at least at Jag its relatively easy to get some feedback and support from their team.
Rick Presas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #8
New Boot

I own the indiFOCUS pro and it is a piece of GARBAGE. I didn't buy it, it came with a kit I bought and that will be the first piece I'll be looking to replace with either a Shoot35 or Redrock follow focus. The gears are not smooth at all, especially where the SNAP! gears meet. Not to mention I also had to modify my rig to make the stupid thing fit and the gears on the lens on my 7D and the gear on the follow focus are barely touching by a thread.

I also own their rail system which works fine though... Probably because it's not mechanical.
Teddy Danh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #9
Major Player

+1 Jag35 v3. Its better if you use rails.
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD