T2i vs 60d - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 29th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #16
Major Player

If counterbalance is the only issue, it would not be hard to add weight to the bottom of the T2i. That way you'd have the option of a lighter camera too. Whether something feels toy-like is of no concern to me. I'm only concerned with workability. My guess is that the minimal added weight of the 60D would not make a big difference with the leverage of a long heavy lens. With either body you have to support it under the lens when shooting handheld, just a slightly different place. That's not say there aren't more than enough reasons to go with the 60d. But to me weight is not one of them.
Brett Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #17
Major Player

I just jumped on the DSLR bandwagon (Canon 60d) and after using it for the first time on a shoot last week I could not imagine doing without the movable LCD screen. It came in very handy on multiple occasions. The battery life is supposed to be longer as well.

Marc
Marc Salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rogers View Post
The 60D has several advantages, to me, the flip-out screen is not one of them.
Because it's on a flimsy hinge you can't use a finder like the the Z-Finder (or others) as a third point of contact.

The larger body is nice though.
We use the LCDVF and it works fine mounted on the screen with the magnetic ring. If you position the screen like it is on a t2i (folded back against the body with the screen exposed) and attach the lcdvf it most certainly acts as a 3rd point of contact just the same as a t2i. the majority of time I shoot with the 60d I do it the same way you would with a t2i. The 60d is just better when I need to get a high or low shot. Having more ISO increments is a big plus as well.
Scott Shama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #19
Major Player

>>THE tiny detail here is that Magic Lantern now also works with the 60D!

Do you have verification of this (link?)

I've only seen a non-functioning version for developers.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #20
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kanter View Post
>>THE tiny detail here is that Magic Lantern now also works with the 60D!

Do you have verification of this (link?)

I've only seen a non-functioning version for developers.

550d install - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki

You'll need the main download, and the newest update. Both are linked from this page.
David Quakenbush is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD