DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Music VIdeo on 550 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/490164-music-video-550-a.html)

John Owen January 14th, 2011 05:30 AM

Music VIdeo on 550

Hi guys,

Hope no-one finds this irritating, I know this is not the primary purpose of this forum, but posting a trail for my recent short prompted a lot of interesting discussion. So, I though I'd put up a music vid I've done recently and see what you make of it. Shot on the 550 also;

Thanks for looking, comments welcome!

Russ Ivey January 14th, 2011 07:36 AM

You certainly won't get any comment out of me about where this should have been posted. I mean, it was shot with a 550 and this is as good of a place as any. Anyhow, to give you a comment on this video, I have to say that you only confirmed for me that the T2i (550D) is exactly what I have needed all along. I bought a 35mm adaptor for my HMC150 and, although it is a very useful tool, it is certainly bulky and takes away a lot of light that I would need. It has its uses, but it's limited. I didn't want to spend another $5k to get the AG-AF100, so I was seeking a cheaper alternative.

Because I've never used a D-SLR before, I always thought to myself, "Why would anyone ever use a still photography camera to shoot professional video???" Well, that shows my ignorance, because your footage is a perfect example of why a good D-SLR can be an excellent companion to a video camera. I have just ordered the T2i so I don't have to use my 35mm adaptor any more (or at least very often). I know it's a completely different beast when it comes to video shooting and will have to start all over again to learn the mechanics of operating this forthcoming camera. However, I'm up to the task. Thank you for posting this. Great work!

John Owen January 14th, 2011 07:43 AM

Hey - Thanks alot Russ. Great news that yo decided to go for the 550 - I had the same trauma when I sold my video camera to buy it (had a sony HVR-V1). DSLRs have their limitations, but with the right techniques, its possible to get some stunning video. I'm still learning, and I've seen things shot on the canon range (most notably 5DmkII) that are really quite awe-inspiring. Anyway, welcome to the fold!

Keith Forman January 14th, 2011 04:39 PM

Looks really great. I think it is fine to post videos on here. It would be helpful if you gave us some tech info such as lenses, support system and maybe some editing insight.

Ed Kishel January 15th, 2011 12:22 PM

@ 39 seconds= gorgeous

Karl Taylor January 28th, 2011 03:24 PM

Great video. Loved it! Currently looking into a 550d

Quote:

January 14th, 2011 10:39 PM
Keith Forman Looks really great. I think it is fine to post videos on here. It would be helpful if you gave us some tech info such as lenses, support system and maybe some editing insight.

I agree! would be very helpful!