corrupted .mov files on CF card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old January 17th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Major Player

corrupted .mov files on CF card

I have just had my first corrupted files with the 7D.

Has anyone else had this? I went to import my files into FCP with the EOS transfer plug in and some of the files were not recognized. I tried to open them in Quicktime Player and MPEG Streamclip, but they didn't recognized the files either.

I copied the DCIM folder from the CF card to my FW Drive and then tried to import into FCP from the DCIM folder.

Any ideas? This is stuff that I just shot in Japan and am not able to re-shoot. Bummed about it....

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 05:08 AM   #2
Trustee

I just had a problem with an SDHC card from a wedding!!!! - tried a number of programs and finally won won with CardRecovery 5.3

all you can do is try
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #3
Major Player

Daniel, did you probably make a still photo while recording video? If that's the case your video might be corrupted and you're not able to open it at all. I've had this a few times and I couldn't open the file directly on the card or copy it.
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #4
New Boot

This just happened to me on Saturday. Eight total files will not transfer from my CF card, and are recognized as .M/V files. I understand that these are like temporary files, almost place holders. They have a defined size, but will not appear in playback on the camera, nor will they transfer to a hard drive.

Anyone know if I will be able to recover these files?

On a side note, I have been getting an Err 80 message, which apparently has to do with the "Main PC board." My warranty is almost up, so after getting it serviced this week, I hope to have everything back to normal. Never had a problem until last week.

Last edited by Matthew Renoir; January 17th, 2011 at 10:47 PM.
Matthew Renoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thank you for posting this. This has happened 3 times to me. I need to send my camera in again! The files are there, just do not play back on my camera or computer.

The first 2 times were during a ceremony and the last time was shorter clips during the photo session.

What is one to do? The first time I sent it in they replaced the main board. Not sure what they will do now.

This is driving me nuts!
Jeffrey Fuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #6
Major Player

I just joined Canon Profession Services and they are expediating the service on the camera. Lucky for me the service center is only one state away.

I also have had a problem with the cameras photo/video switch being very hard to activate. Also the start/stop button sticks.

Our first 7D is over a year old and hasn't had any problems at all. This one seems to be jinxed right out of the box.....

I am hoping that they can fix the corruption issue.

Thanks for all the input.
Old January 21st, 2011, 08:08 AM   #7
Major Player

I just received an email from Canon that they have repaired the camera and it is on it's way back. I should have it today. They had it in house for less than one day. I wonder what they were able to fix so quickly?

The corruption issue concerns me since it seems to be on a camera by camera basis.
Old January 21st, 2011, 04:47 PM   #8
New Boot

Dropped off my camera Tuesday, and it was ready Wednesday. The Main PC Board was replaced, fixing the Err 80. Said to be good as new, with a 6 month warranty on the repair.

As for recovering the corrupted files, I discovered that with a SanDisk CF Card, I was given a 1 year license to their RescuePro program (code inside the box). After using the program, it resurrected the seven files that would not previously transfer/playback, as well as a dozen or so other files I had deleted previously. I highly recommend it.
Matthew Renoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #9
Trustee

I had another problem with a different camera and a different card - I'm wondering if it's the card reader I'm using - it's a real worry.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD