T2i 60P to 24P slow motion help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Major Player

T2i 60P to 24P slow motion help

Hey guys. I recently shot some test shots in 60P and drug them into my 24P timeline (FCP). at first I was expecting it to run fairly slow without any speed adjustments. But as far as I could tell it looked pretty much like normal speed. Anyways, I slowed it down to 40% and de-selected frame blending. There's no motion blur, but it's a little jerky. Anyway to fix this? I know some samples I've seen around here look silky smooth. I'm guessing twixtor would do a better job then FCP, but thats not an option for me at this time.

Also, could it be my shutter speed was to high? (1/800th and 1/1000th)

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM   #2
Major Player

after you transcode your files go to open cinema tools and batch conform the 60fps files to 24p, then import those into fcp and they'll playback at 24 fps which would be slow motion
Chris Westerstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 03:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Do what Chris suggests. Works perfectly. You can also take your clips into Motion or AE and use their tools to create some great looking slow motion. Check out Film Riot. This podcast talks about this and has a lot of humor as well.

Run in Slow Motion, or just Limp like a Pimp - Film Riot
Janson Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:36 PM   #4
Major Player

Hey Guys..

Looks awesome. I knew I was missing something simple. Both post were extremly helpful. I really enjoyed the podcast Janson, thanks for sharing.

Thanks to you both.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD