what are good lenses for a t2i that will suit photo and video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old January 30th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #1
New Boot

what are good lenses for a t2i that will suit photo and video

hello i recently picked up a t2i and was wondering what are some good lenses that will work for both photo and video.
Nelson Molina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:53 AM   #2
Regular Crew

1) Canon 17-55 f2.8 IS (you can shoot almost everything with that lens, that one and a 85 prime, would be my first two lenses to buy)
2) Canon 85 f1.8 or Sigma 85 f1.4 (The sigma is a better lens but the Canon is the best value for money canon lens ever made)
3) Tokina 11-16 f2.8 (not much competition here)
4) Canon 35 f1.4 or Sigma 30 f1.4
5) Canon 70-200L IS, 2.8 if you can afford it or f4 if you can't. The 2.8 MkII version is a killer lens and worth every cent, if you have the money go for it.

If it was for Video only my suggestions would be quite different but for photos you really need accurate AF so I only recommended the most reliable choices.
Spiros Zaharakis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD