Ideas on shoot this Friday - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old February 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McKenna View Post
hmmm.
maybe set the white balance of both cameras to some fixed temp. (not auto)
the more you just 'keep it rolling', the easier it will be to sync sound to image in post.
...have fun!
Do you recommend a custom WB, (white or grey card) or just set to a temp that looks good?
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kanter View Post
Do you recommend a custom WB, (white or grey card) or just set to a temp that looks good?
well i really don't know, i suppose it might depend on how well the cameras match.
i'd say just try to get them to look decent right then and there and hopefully not need to colour correct later.
but that's just my opinion.
Brian McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 02:05 AM   #18
Major Player

60D and 5DII should match pretty well, I hope. Should be correctable in PP anyway - thanks.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #19
Major Player

Shoot went well - material from 5D and 60D match up perfectly, and everything looks clean as we were able to shoot mostly at 640 ISO, 1/60, f4, 30fps. We did seven takes, most with two cameras.

Sound was recorded with Zoom H4N and H2 as backup. Levels ended up a quite low, but I'm hoping I can raise levels in post. There was lots of truck noise, I'm hoping I can pick and choose from different takes and maybe eliminate traffic noise.

Thanks for everyone's help - I will post this short when finished.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD