DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   The Greatest Invention music video (Canon 7d, 60d + 1000fps in Twixtor) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/491551-greatest-invention-music-video-canon-7d-60d-1000fps-twixtor.html)

Steve Shilson February 10th, 2011 11:49 AM

The Greatest Invention music video (Canon 7d, 60d + 1000fps in Twixtor)

Hey everyone,

This is a video I filmed for a new band. . . shot with the Canon 7d and several B camera shots with the 60d, edited in Premiere CS5 with a lot of Twixtor use (slowed 60fps shots down to look like 1000fps). Any and all feedback is very much appreciated. Hope you enjoy and thanks so much for checking it out!

YouTube - The Greatest Invention - Sucker For Those Blue Eyes (Official Video)

Michael DiFilippo February 10th, 2011 04:19 PM

love the way you incorporated the super slow mo just enough so that it really is surprising each time it happens and also is a nice visual for the video. I think you did an awesome job

Buba Kastorski February 10th, 2011 06:54 PM

very good job, except for the split screens I loved everything!

Mitch Hunt February 10th, 2011 09:21 PM

Well done!

Those slow motion shots were excellent. I may have to invest in Twixtor. What shutter speed did you use for the slow motion shots?

The flares added a lot too. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them?

Steve Shilson February 12th, 2011 12:57 AM

Michael- Thanks so much! It's nice to hear your thoughts on the twixtor shots because it's easy for me to get carried away in how cool they turn out and over use them. I tried to use them wisely, so I appreciate that a lot.

Buba- I actually agree with you here. I think they're the weakest part of the video, especially the snowball fight horizontal split screen. I was trying to cover some bad framing with a split screen and just all in all turned out sub par. I'm glad you enjoyed it regardless, thanks so much!

Mitch- Thank you! I was shooting with a shutter speed of at least 1000, I've run clips through twixtor with a shutter as low as 60, and even those turned out pretty good (they're obviously just not nearly as crisp). I wouldn't recommend anything under 1000 for some really good results. As for the flares, I've found them here and there on a bunch of different web-sites over the past 6 months. Here, send me an e-mail and I can send them to you. . . steveshilson @ hotmail.com

Cheers!

Olabode Lawal February 12th, 2011 06:01 AM

pls steve i wont mind you sending the flares to my box too.its buddahshaolin@yahoo.com.

Chris Westerstrom February 12th, 2011 07:13 AM

and me too at westerstrom @ mac.com !!!

thanks

Ben Tolosa February 12th, 2011 09:00 PM

Blown away

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Shilson (Post 1616688)
Hey everyone,

This is a video I filmed for a new band. . . shot with the Canon 7d and several B camera shots with the 60d, edited in Premiere CS5 with a lot of Twixtor use (slowed 60fps shots down to look like 1000fps). Any and all feedback is very much appreciated. Hope you enjoy and thanks so much for checking it out!

YouTube - The Greatest Invention - Sucker For Those Blue Eyes (Official Video)

Hi Steve,

I am still blown aways by the video you made. EXCELLENT!!

Let me ask you 3 questions:

1) How did you achieve such a slow motion? Specially the speed up and down for the snow ball crushing in her back?

2) How did you archive such sharpness?

3) Which lens or lenses did you use on your 7D?

I also have a 7D and I use Final Cut Pro.

Amazing job, I really liked it all. I also liked the split screen. To me it was a strong part of the video.

Best Regards :)

Marcus Martell February 14th, 2011 04:35 PM

Please send to me 2:
marcusmartell.sound@gmail.com

Thx mate

Johnnie Behiri February 17th, 2011 07:49 AM

Steve,

Extremely well done. Congratulation!!

Johnnie

Noah Yuan-Vogel February 18th, 2011 09:32 AM

Nice video, and the slow motion looks great except maybe for one of the first shots where you can really see twixtor struggling to figure out which snowflake is which and some of them smear or disappear. I'm impressed there isnt more issue with edges in some of the super-slow stuff, since twixtor is basically stuck trying to recreate backgrounds from nothing when a foreground object is moving over it. It seems like the this is really helped by slowing it down a lot. Is it all 1000fps and 60fps, or are there any other rates in there? Do you find that framerates in between look worse interpolated due to the result having more motion than 1000fps stuff?

Jim Culp February 25th, 2011 11:27 AM

Re: The Greatest Invention music video (Canon 7d, 60d + 1000fps in Twixtor)

Truck going backwards at :57, besides that- looks good!

Lance Watts February 27th, 2011 02:18 AM

Re: The Greatest Invention music video (Canon 7d, 60d + 1000fps in Twixtor)

Good song. Great video!