DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Where to buy the 550D? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/491632-where-buy-550d.html)

George Logothetis February 12th, 2011 06:14 AM

Where to buy the 550D?

Hello,

I was looking to buy the 550D with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lenses. But the only place I know is Amazon.co.uk which apparently is expensive (?). I also realised by looking to the bhphotovideo.com that they are like 200-300 euros down! Why??? Is there a place where I can buy the same camera in the UK in that price? How much will it cost me if I buy it from the US?

Cheers!

Steve Bleasdale February 12th, 2011 07:23 AM

Hi if you look at my previous post colin is helping me with a similar question!! im going to try e-bay they are slightly cheaper and colin says there is no difference between the 550d/kiss/t2i so digital rev seem to have a good name. steve

Spiros Zaharakis February 12th, 2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Logothetis (Post 1617407)
Hello,

I was looking to buy the 550D with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lenses. But the only place I know is Amazon.co.uk which apparently is expensive (?). I also realised by looking to the bhphotovideo.com that they are like 200-300 euros down! Why??? Is there a place where I can buy the same camera in the UK in that price? How much will it cost me if I buy it from the US?

Cheers!

George, I believe it's better to buy localy.

99% you will have to pay duty (which will most likely turn out to be more than if you buy it localy) if you buy from anywere outside the EU and if you buy from UK or anywere else in the EU you will only be covered by the European warranty meaning that if you ever encounter any problems you will have to send the camera to a european Canon service center since Greece does not have an official Canon Office but rather a simple dealer (Intersys) that covers warranty only when bought localy.

Also if you are a pro it's a no brainer since you also get back your VAT charge when you get an invoice.

I suggest GalaiosPhoto as one of the most reliable sellers in Athens.

Stelios Christofides February 12th, 2011 12:57 PM

George, check your mail.I am selling my 550D with the Canon EF-S 18-135/3.5-5.6 IS lens. Almost new at special price.

Stelios

George Logothetis February 13th, 2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiros Zaharakis (Post 1617435)
George, I believe it's better to buy localy.

99% you will have to pay duty (which will most likely turn out to be more than if you buy it localy) if you buy from anywere outside the EU and if you buy from UK or anywere else in the EU you will only be covered by the European warranty meaning that if you ever encounter any problems you will have to send the camera to a european Canon service center since Greece does not have an official Canon Office but rather a simple dealer (Intersys) that covers warranty only when bought localy.

Also if you are a pro it's a no brainer since you also get back your VAT charge when you get an invoice.

I suggest GalaiosPhoto as one of the most reliable sellers in Athens.

Hey Spiros!

I am actually at the UK ;)

Karl Taylor February 15th, 2011 11:23 AM

I bought mine a couple weeks ago, was planning on buying from amazon but the price went up.

i found this site though, www.camerabox.co.uk

Bought them from, they have a facebook so i checked on their reviews, they seemed to be slow. But it's the best price i could find.

Once i ordered on the friday they rang me for security questions later in the day and i saw my camera tuesday morning!

Edit: Apologies, i read to quickly! Removed the first link, it was the 18-55mm IS Kit Lens! But it's a great site if you can find it cheap.

George Logothetis February 15th, 2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Taylor (Post 1618454)
I bought mine a couple weeks ago, was planning on buying from amazon but the price went up.

i found this site though, Camerabox | The Professionals Choice For Casio Canon Fuji Kodak Konica Minolta Lexar Nikon Olympus Panasonic Samsung Sigma Sony Digital Cameras

Bought them from, they have a facebook so i checked on their reviews, they seemed to be slow. But it's the best price i could find.

Once i ordered on the friday they rang me for security questions later in the day and i saw my camera tuesday morning!

Edit: Apologies, i read to quickly! Removed the first link, it was the 18-55mm IS Kit Lens! But it's a great site if you can find it cheap.

WOW! this is great! they are new on their box or used?
Also the bit where u gotta contact with them and not cannon is a bit dodgy.. I mean, I am planing to leave europe for 2 years and then what happens if my camera brakes? :/