DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   600D problems? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/493251-600d-problems.html)

George Logothetis March 18th, 2011 05:05 AM

600D problems?

Hello,

the seller that I am about to buy the 600D argues that the camera will show some problems as it is one of the first in line and usually everything new has problems. Do you agree with this? Also without ML will I face a lot of problems as of video? Will ML come out now for it?

Sound wise shall I go for the Zoom h2n or h4n for using it with shoe?

thats everything for now.

Cheers

Joel Peregrine March 18th, 2011 08:29 AM

Re: 600D problems?

Hi George,

The T3i/600D is just the latest in a long line of Canon low-end DSLR's and the evolution of video in a still camera has been going on for a long time. So its by no means new technology. The only reason I'd worry that someone says you may have problems is that there is something wrong with the camera itself. The 600D does a lot of the the things that ML enables in the 550D.

"<--- how to make it more professional looking?"

Below is different way to present the link to your website in your dvinfo signature:

HTML Code:

[url=http://www.georgioslogothetis.com]Georgios Logothetis[/url]
There are tools here that you can use in your posts and signature to customize them:

The Digital Video Information Network - BB Code List

Kin Lau March 18th, 2011 09:10 AM

There's often firmware updates available - but they're painless.

I haven't seen a physical defect in a DSLR for quite a while, but there have been hardware defects in digital cameras, and they affected many cameras across multiple brands.

George Logothetis March 18th, 2011 04:35 PM

If there aren't any problems with sound levels will I be ok just to use either the rode videomic or the Sennheiser MKE 400 instead of a recorder? Wanna cut down the costs

George Logothetis March 18th, 2011 04:37 PM

Below is different way to present the link to your website in your dvinfo signature:

HTML Code:

There are tools here that you can use in your posts and signature to customize them:

The Digital Video Information Network - BB Code List[/QUOTE]

haha! I meant the site not the link. Thanks though!

Joel Peregrine March 18th, 2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Logothetis (Post 1629281)
HTML Code:

The Digital Video Information Network - BB Code List

haha! I meant the site not the link. Thanks though!

Oops! I've heard good things about these templates, and there is a $100 sale right now:

Photography Products - Websites, Blogs, Slideshows & Photo Cart- intothedarkroom

John Wiley March 18th, 2011 05:29 PM

Personally if a seller ever said this to me I would run a mile. Is this an authorised dealer? Do they offer the camera with a full, official warranty? It sound like they are trying to pass off a damaged or deffective item as being normal.

Stick to trusted, reputable dealers and you'll not have to worry about this. Plus you'll get the full confidence of a genuine warranty and the ability to return the item for store credit or a refund if it's not up to scratch.

George Logothetis March 18th, 2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Wiley (Post 1629299)
Personally if a seller ever said this to me I would run a mile. Is this an authorised dealer? Do they offer the camera with a full, official warranty? It sound like they are trying to pass off a damaged or deffective item as being normal.

Stick to trusted, reputable dealers and you'll not have to worry about this. Plus you'll get the full confidence of a genuine warranty and the ability to return the item for store credit or a refund if it's not up to scratch.

The bad thing with Greece is that there is no official canon dealer. if something breaks they send it to europe I think. The one I looked at was the Greek Adorama @ ADORAMA

Kin Lau March 18th, 2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Logothetis (Post 1629279)
If there aren't any problems with sound levels will I be ok just to use either the rode videomic or the Sennheiser MKE 400 instead of a recorder? Wanna cut down the costs

Yes, you can use just a Videomic on the 600D, you can set the levels manually.Whether the quality is good enough, is up to you.

John Wiley March 19th, 2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Logothetis (Post 1629317)
The bad thing with Greece is that there is no official canon dealer. if something breaks they send it to europe I think. The one I looked at was the Greek Adorama @ ADORAMA

Do you have a local photography store? Or at least one in your nearest major city? I'd find it hard to believe that nowhere in Greece is an authorised Canon dealer. Even if they don't have it in stock they should be able to order it in for you pretty easily. You might pay a few more dollars but it'll give you peace of mind.

<Edit> Just saw your location is in Athens. If you can't find an authorised dealer there then something is seriously wrong!

George Logothetis March 19th, 2011 08:16 AM

The company responsible for canon products in Greece is this Intersys - Canon, Pioneer, Toshiba, TomTom throught them we are dealing with everything canon related. My question is. If I have a European warranty, will I be ok with service in the UK if something ever happens?

Helen Oster March 22nd, 2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Logothetis (Post 1629317)

You know that Adorama Greece has no connection, affiliation or business relationship whatsoever with Adorama Camera in NYC?

Stelios Christofides March 22nd, 2011 08:13 AM

Helen,
How come then ADORAMA Greece use exactly the same logo as ADORAMA camera in NYC?

Stelios

Helen Oster March 22nd, 2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides (Post 1630390)
Helen,
How come then ADORAMA Greece use exactly the same logo as ADORAMA camera in NYC?

Stelios

Because they can, apparently, get away with it!