60d on a monopod or tripod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 27th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Trustee

60d on a monopod or tripod

Ok so i am hooked on the 60d ever since i got it, said i was just going to introduce it a little for my weddings then bring in fully next year, whoops big mistake by me, i cant put it down!!!!! So im thinking my hv40s left in the bag my sonys left in the bag, im ready to go, went to my local church sunday filmed a little on a tripod, around house around park on a tripod,
Spoke to vertical works kren and they are using full tripod for everything, i have been searching for a monopod but im thinking just get a strong light tripod and use that, but!!! what do you guys use? also during tight spaces or in a compact room, is there no device apart from a bulky shoulder rig or tripod or do i just drop the tripod down and kick legs in a little and just use a tripod. If im trying to get portraits later in the church grounds and around hotel and such is it better with shoulder rig or tripod? Any thoughts on this? Can i use the 60d with a hand grip, flash bracket and the view finder magnifiyer? will that be steady enough? steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: 60d on a monopod or tripod

Anyone got any input on this......
Tried a neck brace, tried a cowboy shoulder rig, tried a hand grip with flash bracket and canon strap tight around my neck, still getting shake from my body, anyone got it spot on with a simple rig, does the majority of videographers with dslr just use the monopod???? anyone out there wana bite?? steve
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey !! I use MONOPOD all the time and my second camera use monopod and tripod just during the rings
at my wedding service.

Here is the one that we use..
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/737980-REG/Manfrotto_561BHDV_1_Fluid_Video_Monopod_W_Head.html
Franklin Bencosme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:59 AM   #4
Major Player

I use a simple shoulder rig, seriously, just screw the camera on the top, two handles and a little length to rest on the shoulder, could be a 2 x 4, but I have the Glidetrack. Use it more as a shoulder rig than as a dolly and works like a charm, but you could build one yourself for less than 50 $

That said, I ordered the above monopod myself, for situations where I need a slightly longer lens and or can't move around as much
Chris Westerstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:37 AM   #5
Trustee

Thanks guys i will get a monopod also and build on to the shoulder cowboy rig... cheers franklin how do you do with the mono in the house morning prep where its tight?
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:56 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Sometimes I use a lightweight tripod with only one leg down as a monopod. That way I have a tripod in my hands if I want to switch over quickly.
Keith Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 03:24 PM   #7
Trustee

Mmmmmm interesting Keith, what a good idea!!! So the tripod gota be sort of heavyish to work? What a proper forum by the way this is.... Some other sites i go on or wayyyyy to smart for my liking. Thanks Keith
Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:03 AM   #8
Major Player

All the above mentioned would be fine for short, on the move clips. For the ceremony, speeches etc it has to be a tripod
Old April 4th, 2011, 04:37 AM   #9
Trustee

Thanks Colin..
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD