DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Please suggest me what I can do (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/494294-please-suggest-me-what-i-can-do.html)

Gianni Paolella April 8th, 2011 07:08 AM

Please suggest me what I can do

Hi Guys,
I have the T2i and I just bought and arrive today the new loop LCDVF 3:2,very beatifull and useful...but the problem is that I am farsighted and there is not any kind of possibility to change the parameters, so what I see is out of Focus!!!I also put a pair of glass that I use when I read but is still out of focus.
So, what Can I do to use it, if I can use it?
Thanks
Gianni

Keith Forman April 8th, 2011 10:25 AM

Re: Please suggest me what I can do

I had to return mine for the same reason. I ended up getting a Genus which worked for my eyes.

Gianni Paolella April 8th, 2011 10:45 AM

Thanks,
but first I live in Italy and we have not in Amazon.it this product, so if I order from their I have to pay the VAT and also the delivery, second, if O buy it and when it arrive and is the same I have another that is not good.

Brian Brown April 9th, 2011 02:52 PM

There's a guy that made a video on how to add a dioper to the LCDVF... without any "major surgery." Forget if it's on Vimeo or YouTube. I think he uses close-up lenses, based upon his reading glasses strength.

Stephen J. Williams April 9th, 2011 04:32 PM

You could always take the glass out... I bought mine mainly to use in bright sunlight. The magnification glass was just a bonus, but not essential IMO.

Steve

Gianni Paolella April 10th, 2011 03:34 AM

For me it's very important and I need it, this is the reason because I need urgently a solution.
Can u find the link whre I can see it?
Thanks
Gianni

Bruce Foreman April 10th, 2011 10:21 AM

Best solution for me was the Hoodman Cinema Pro Kit, adjustable diopter, 3x eyepiece, on and off in seconds and adjusts to other cameras quickly.

I avoided it for a long time because it looked "klunky" to me, but once I started using it I found it to be the most convenient and fast solution.

I "swap it around" between a T2i, 7D, and now 60D.

Gianni Paolella April 10th, 2011 10:53 AM

I Bruce I
saw it but we can't change the diopters...where did you do it?
Can you send me the link abiut what you talk?

Gianni Paolella April 10th, 2011 10:56 AM

Steve are you sure that the glass it's only an optional?
I don belive about it due that is not a simple glass but you have the magnify with it!

Bruce Foreman April 14th, 2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gianni Paolella (Post 1637287)
I Bruce I
saw it but we can't change the diopters...where did you do it?
Can you send me the link abiut what you talk?

You adjust to your eyesight by turning the eyepiece on the Hoodloupe to "focus". There is a limit to the adjustment so if you normally wear eyeglasses you are best off wearing them while looking through the eyepiece, the rubber eyecup may get in the way so I fold it down.

Here is a link: Cinema Kit Pro-Hoodman Corporation

Donald McPherson April 15th, 2011 09:32 AM

I found with mine that it worked when I put on my off the shelf reading glasses. So I took an old pair popped out one of the lenses and placed inside the loupe. I used super glue which unfortunately fogged the lens up a little. So be careful.

Gianni Paolella April 15th, 2011 12:13 PM

Thanks Donald,
I made the same things with the same problem but it works great!!
Strange that we have to pay a lot of money for the Loop and we have to change the diopters.

Donald McPherson April 16th, 2011 04:15 AM

I also bought one of these hoods

LCD Hood Screen Protector for Canon EOS 550D T2i | eBay UK

and modified it to hold the hood.

Colin Rowe April 16th, 2011 04:32 PM

This one makes it easier, and protects the screen, simply stick the mount to it, and slide it on whenever needed.