60d newbee. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

60d newbee.

Hi all ,

i have just brought myself a 60d. Love it, still very strong and love my EX1 and 35MM adapter for other work.

just need some advice, i am from the UK. Does anybody have experience with Third party LPE6 batteries? any links?

2. what picture profiles are best for video- mainly will go into apple color/bullet and grade.

3. I have brought a yashica/contax mount to eos for my 60d for my lens yashica dbs 28mm 2.8
i also have a 50mm 1.8. And Super Takumar 1.8

I am after an olympus zuiko 28 2.8, 35mm and 50 1.4.

What other brands of lenses (vintage do people recommend)?. I will need an old vintage zoom as at the moment i want but cant afford the tamron 17-50 2.8/

sorry for all the questions in one saves me hogging up the feed. Help a newbee in need ahha:)

Thanks

Ollie
Ollie Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: 60d newbee.

found this too.

BG-E9 Battery Grip for EOS 60D Camera + 2x LP-E6 Batter | eBay UK
Old April 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #3
Major Player

I went with this one

It just looked beefier and the reviews are all excellent.

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning as I anticipate the camera's arrival. I think the EX3 is jealous.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #4
Trustee

1. Some are better than others. They're so cheap that the best way to find out may be to order a couple off different ones and see which you prefer.

2. It depends on the lighting of your scene but in general shooting flat is better if you intend to colour grade later. I use Neutral with Sharpess set to zero, contrast right down and saturation down two notches.

3. Anything other than Canon FD lenses. Nikon are the most popular. Pentax have some excellent glass that is often overlooked. Won't find anything equivelant to a 17-50 because older lenses were designed for a larger imaging plane so usually only start out at about 28mm at full wide rather than the 17 or 18mm which is common for APS-C lenses.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 03:44 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Just bought some Hahnel batteries, I'll let you know how they go...

Currently have a mixe of MF lenses, mainly Pentax Takumar SMC ( 35 3.5, 50 1.4, and 100 2.8) and Olympus OM mount (28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8), plus a few eastern european/russian lenses (Pentacon 135 2.8, a russian 50mm 2.8 macro, etc) build quality is not as good but image quality has been great so far.

Regards

Matt
Matt Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:52 AM   #6
Regular Crew

thanks for the reply, what vintage lenses do think are the best.

very keen on the zuiko lenses. and the MIR 24m.

I HAVE BROUGHT A YASHICA DSB 28MM 2.8 too.

looking at some zeiss now :)
Old April 18th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I have not tried them myself but I believe that the Vivitar series 1 70-210 f3.5 and 28-90 f2.8-3.8 are viable choices.
Other than those, an older Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8 or a newer Tamron 28-75 f2.8 could also be a good choice.

Just stay away from Canon FD and Minolta MD mounts
Spiros Zaharakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Major Player

On the battery grip, get the style that has the door on the end of the grip, so you can remove batteries when the assembly is mounted on a tripod--I think there is one version that loads batteries from the bottom of the grip.
Galen Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 12:37 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply,let me know how you get on with the battery :)
Old April 22nd, 2011, 01:45 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Ollie - 58 quid for the 60D battery grip seems amazing value for money - is that about half the genuine Canon article price? I'm tempted, but I'd like to talk to someone who's actually got one.

I have the genuine Canon battery grip on my 10D and wouldn't be without it, but the new-style batteries and the lower power consumption of the 60D (in still picture mode) make the extra battery carrying less important than the better camera grip afforded by the add-on.

I also like the fact that with the battery grip inplace you can have a camera strap that just goes from the top of the cam to bottom of the grip - much better than the long dangly strap between the conventional mounting points.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD