60D with T2i? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 25th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: 60D with T2i?

I think I would have gone that way too, given your circumstances. And keep eyes and ears open. I predict a 60D magic lantern will be coming. There is already to pre-alpha testing going on in that arena.
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Maxwell View Post
...can anyone enlighten me on whether or not to stay with another 60D as second cam for weddings, video bios, music videos or if the T2i will cut it. Will I be able to match in FCP 7? Do I have to down-res the 60D to match the T2i? Will the colors match, low light...is ISO the same?...
Hi Lisa,

I shot with the T2i and 60D for a couple of months. The output was identical, but the wat they went about it was different. The buttons are in totally different places and it was confusing going back and forth between the two different cameras. I never did use ML with the T2i and I understand if you do, it does overcome many of the shortcomings of the T2i, but ML does not make the LCD swing out and it does not totally prevent the overheating. Yes I did experience overheating with the T2i on a two camera shoot. The 60D never has overheated.

Without ML, the two cameras are very different in their function and then along with different batteries and all, we sold our T2i and bought a second 60D and are very happy with that choice and now with ML in development with the 60D, things are looking really exciting.

All things considered, I am sure you will be happy with your choice of buying a second 60D instead of a T2i.
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Thanks Mark. It's good to hear from someone who has tried both together and apart. Ahh, that feels a little better.

Wow, and I feel like I'm talking to a celebrity! I have watched your training videos and admire your work greatly. So wish I could be a fly on the wall with some of you guys on this forum while you're shooting!

The 60D should be coming in the mail tomorrow! Gonna do my first two shoots with both cams yet this week!
Lisa Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #19
Major Player

You are welcome Lisa. I realize when making a financial decision you want to make sure you made the right choice. Been there, done that.

Others helped me when we were first starting out and even just a couple of hours ago we received some help from a friend, so we are always willing to help and share...as time permits. ;-) So forget about the celebrity thing. We are all just trying further our craft and capture some great memories.
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #20
Regular Crew

OK, forgotten.

: )

One quick question if you have a sec: so my 60D's on bride (45 degree angle off to front side) and in aisle, and the (don't kill me for this...) HV40 on the groom (45 degree angle front other side)?
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I would use two identical cameras and settings to cover the same scene (bride/groom) and the different one to cover either a different scene (audience?) or the same scene from a completly different angle (aisle?).
That way it's going to be more difficult to spot the difference between the cameras.
Spiros Zaharakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #22
Major Player

Hi Lisa,

I thought you just bought a second 60D? I would use the two 60Ds for B&G closeups and have the HV40 for a wide cover shot.

If you use the 60D and HV40 to cover a similar shot the quality difference between the two will really show. By putting the HV40 as a back cover shot, it will help hide some of the quality differences. Now if the ceremony is outside, you can get away with a lot more, but inside, the HV40 really starts showing it's weakness.

If I misunderstood and you only have one 60D, then I would use it for the tight shot of the Bride and use the HV40 at the back for a wide shot.
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #23
Major Player

Yeah, what Spiros said. ;-) He just have hit the reply button before me.
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Yes, I do have two 60D's.

I thought the best layout is to have 1-60D w/70-200L in the aisle on a tripod after the processional and then to have another 60D with Tamron 17-50 2.8 focused on the bride since they're the most shots I'd use? (This is based on Still Motion's tutorial, but of course they have three cams that all match seamlessly.)

Then the HV40 on the groom since I figured I'd use like one second. But I see your different view. Yes, a wider angle from the back would hide the lighting factors. Oh my word. I'm so confused. I hope I can move around a little. I'm so afraid I won't be allowed!
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #25
Regular Crew

In your case, just like both me and Mark already said, the best setup is with the HV40 in the back (not nececerily wide, I would personaly shoot tighter, just like if I had a 60D with a 70-200 lens on it) and the two 60Ds in front, one covering the bride and one covering the groom.

My personal favorite setup would be a 4 camera setup with three cameras just like on the stillmotion tutorial and one more taking shots of the audience. I would really like to have the parents expressions while their offsprings excange vows. It can really make a difference.
Spiros Zaharakis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD