DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   stabiliser for 60d (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/495452-stabiliser-60d.html)

Steve Bleasdale May 5th, 2011 02:50 AM

stabiliser for 60d

Ok weddings as you know, got to be quick no time to mess around, what is the best, but the quickest methods on and of the tripod onto the glider/flycam/wondlan/merlin/glidecam/ect ect. i presume the shots are bride/groom down isle/ coming out of church married/ in and around photo shoot/ going into reception grand entrance ect ect
I tried a cheap stabilser steadicam/mini motion, no good it takes to long to balance and mess around, so anyone with ideas of the simplist and easiest steadycam?? I want to take of tripod put on the steady and its ready to go??? steve

Stelios Christofides May 5th, 2011 04:16 AM

Re: stabiliser for 60d

How about this:
FLYCAM nano for mini dv hdv camcorders upto 1.5 Lbs

stelios

Buba Kastorski May 5th, 2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale (Post 1645855)
anyone with ideas of the simplist and easiest steadycam?? I want to take of tripod put on the steady and its ready to go??? steve

If properly balanced, transition from tripod to any more or less decent unit, no matter hand held or full rig, can be made within 10-15 seconds, but I am not sure if you can 'put it on and go', maybe with the primes, and if you have a hard stop on the QR adapter, but if you use zoom lens and you're changing focal length you need to rebalance your rig;
easy and steadicam, they don’t come together

Lisa Maxwell May 16th, 2011 11:47 AM

Steve,

I have the Glidecam 2000HD and it is fast to stick my 60D on as long as I'm only using one lens (Tokina 11-16). Have it pre-balanced and a QR plate that's universal for all your equipment and it snaps on and is ready to go. Just test out the Glidecam once you arrive to make sure it didn't get messed up during travel.

Don't know about having to switch lenses though. That takes time.

Steve Bleasdale May 16th, 2011 02:29 PM

Thanks Lisa got the flycam nano set it up and marked it ready for my 60d with 17-50 tamron at 17 widest... You have a point though with regards to changing lens it cant be done so that means if you go the dslr route you need 3 dslr because there is no time..... is dslr worth the hassle? soooooooo much to think about????

James Strange May 20th, 2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Maxwell (Post 1649668)
Steve,

I have the Glidecam 2000HD and it is fast to stick my 60D on as long as I'm only using one lens (Tokina 11-16). Have it pre-balanced and a QR plate that's universal for all your equipment and it snaps on and is ready to go. Just test out the Glidecam once you arrive to make sure it didn't get messed up during travel.

Don't know about having to switch lenses though. That takes time.

Which universal qr plate do you use?

Steve Bleasdale May 21st, 2011 01:02 AM

Hi James here is my link

Quick Release (QR) Adapter Manfrotto 200PL-14 Fit 3/8" | eBay UK

Jackson Wan May 22nd, 2011 02:21 AM

I have the flycam nano and 60D + Tokina 11-16

I found it very difficult to balance the 60D on flycam nano due to the weight

Steve Bleasdale May 22nd, 2011 03:10 AM

Jackson your right i now use the hv40 on the nano and got it just right, it bobs a little but what i use it for will just help it along with a couple of fingers underneath...

John Wiley May 22nd, 2011 03:17 AM

I'm shooting my first all-DSLR wedding this weekend (doing it free for a family friend and using this one as a gear trial and a promo vid) and have been having the same question.

I think what I'll do is use the 70-200 for most of the ceremony, with the lens collor mounted to the tripod. I'll have the Flycam Nano pre-balanced of course, so all I'll need to do is remove the 550D body from the 70-200, attach the 10-20mm and then clip the camera into the QR adaptor on the Flycam.

Shouldn't take more than 10 seconds, assuming I can replicate my practice times whilst under pressure on the day.

Steve Bleasdale May 22nd, 2011 03:37 AM

Ye that should do it john... if all goes well and people are relaxed and not rushing around it makes it harder as then you have no time to ............! When its pre balanced like me yesterday it works a treat, couple of fingers underneath the gimble... i found walking fast and turning/bending better as straight lines its evident to see a bit of bobbing and weaving..

Jackson Wan May 31st, 2011 01:03 AM

Glad you guys can get the nano balance with the 60D..

I can't do it with my life depend on it.

I am using the flycam nano with a light camcorder now.. It is way easier to balance. :)

Steve Bleasdale May 31st, 2011 09:13 AM

Jackson you're right, but I have used it with the HV40 with fisheye, it does work best that way, but also worked with 60D and 17-50 Tamron just add more weights.