DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Tips to get rid of that nasty sunlight on the T2i? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/495664-tips-get-rid-nasty-sunlight-t2i.html)

Robert James May 9th, 2011 02:46 PM

Tips to get rid of that nasty sunlight on the T2i?

Hi all,

Started shooting outside with the T2i and it is becoming a pain trying to do anything with the sun glare on that LCD screen. I have looked around online and have seen things like the Zacuto and Hoodman loops but I don't, per say, feel I need the enlargement aspects of those devices. I just want the sun to go be blocked. I can't afford $150 for those things, anyway, and my price range is more like $60 and under. B&H has these Delkin devices but the reviews ain't so hot.

So, any tips and suggestions on getting that sun off that LCD?

John Wiley May 9th, 2011 04:37 PM

Re: Tips to get rid of that nasty sunlight on the T2i?

3" LCD View Finder Viewer /Extender for Canon EOS 550D | eBay

I'm sure they'd have them on the Canadian eBay as well.

Ruben Kremer May 10th, 2011 12:05 AM

I've used the German-made Digifinder.Pro for a while. It's nothing fancy, but it'll get the job done, and is within your budget!

Digi Finder Pro | Jag35.com

Otherwise I can only suggest looking in China (below a couple of suggestions), and eBay.

$62.30 - 3X LCD Foldable Viewfinder - Photo & Camera

$42.50 - 2.8X LCD Foldable Viewfinder for Canon 5D Mark II/7D/500D - Photo & Camera

The great thing about the firstly mentioned Digifinder.Pro (on JAG35): there's also a version on sale especially for the 3:2 display on the 550D/T2i

Good luck!

Donald McPherson May 10th, 2011 09:31 AM

There are also a few DIY hoods out there to. Try a google "DIY hood T2i"

John Mastrogiacomo May 15th, 2011 02:10 PM

Get a 3' x 3' piece of black Duvetyne and put it over the camera and your head like the old time photographers did. I've done it a few times for critical focus. It's not pretty, but it works great.

David St. Juskow May 15th, 2011 07:56 PM

I've done that Duvetyne trick as well! It works great, even if I do look like a moron.

Ruben- have you tried that foldable viewfinder? I am trying to figure out if there are any disadvantages to that over the standard LCD VF knockoffs. Is it clunkier, or harder to use, or tougher to remove, or..? It seems like the better option.

Brian Volland May 16th, 2011 10:54 AM

I have 2 of the Carry speed vfinders. They work great as long as the camera is around eye level. Helps keep the cam stable on a monopod too.

You can find them on Amazon and cheaper on Ebay