Live Streaming with 60D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old June 28th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Live Streaming with 60D

has anyone tried it? is it even possible....I know the camera doesnt need to be recording since the laptop or desktop could just capture what it sees...
Pat Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:22 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Live Streaming with 60D

I've never tried it but I don't think it is possible to get a clean feed. The problem is that it is just a live output of whatever is on the rear LCD screen, rather than a direct feed from the sensor/processor - and I don't think you can get rid of the focus box.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I was able to do some research and there is website that actually has screen capture software and gives you a full "studio" for a three camera set up....

and yeah that damn focus box....i guess i could just put it on the lower corner and place a logo or something over it....
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #4
Major Player

Should be possible to get rid of the overlays like the focus box with ML. You lose a bit of vertical resolution because of the letterboxing, and you have to process the signal a bit, but it should be useable.
James Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Not looking to get ML for quite some time...i am sure one I get the version of the program I'll be able to get a better understanding of what I can and cannot do...right now I am just assuming..
Old July 7th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #6
Major Player

Then yes you can do it, but you have to settle for moving the image to the bottom and cropping. You will get 720p 4:2:2 at 2.35/2.40:1.

See this. It's about the 550d but the same should apply I think.

Canon T2i/550D HDMI Output Footages Jay Friesen's Blog
James Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 02:42 AM   #7
Regular Crew

thats awesome thanks for that link
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I just read something about this a minute ago. If you don't have to record during the live feed. You should be able to just go "M" and turn on Auto Focus and then switch to AF Live mode. If its a static shot, you just have to sit back far enough to not activate the Face Detection or maybe there is a work around for that too.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD