60d 7D proof - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 13th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #46
Major Player

Re: 60d 7D proof

I know the statement might dissuade you, but I think the statemen tabout "breaking the camera" is there for legal reasons for the developers. If you read the side affects for aspirin, it will say "may cause death". They have to say it, (and I think it could have been said differently) but you should assess the risks with other criteria. I think risks are very minimal, and haven't heard of one bricked camera with thousands of users.

But, understand that I am in no way responsible either! :-)

Last edited by Sam Kanter; August 13th, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wiley View Post
That's right Edward. It is a feature which can be switched off. The actual t3i sensor is (almost?) identical to that used in the t2i, it's just you have the added option of only using part of the sensor when you choose to.
Is this a software feature or hardware? I wonder if ML developers can add this feature to other cameras?
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #48
Major Player

This whole essential thing has been done to death by now, but often people leave out what line of work they are in.

I am a ML addict, but I am not sure I would use it at a wedding. For film makers, I think there is a more persuasive argument. Also, we are talking about hundreds of releases and versions on several camera platforms, and referring to them all as one thing here, which is where generalisations can become worse than useless.

Here is my generalisation: Try it, it almost certainly won't break your camera. You might find that it turns your off-the-shelf space ship into a temperamental millenium falcon, which once you know it's foibles, can be coaxed into amazing things. If you have enough money for a star destroyer, buy that, and spend the extra time you saved on tweaking by plotting to crush the rebels.
James Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #49
New Boot

Star Wars pun apart I believe that ML symbolizes the spirit of the using of a stills camera for video like all of us do. I don't really think it's about being cheap and getting great IQ out of what's generally considered small change in pro video production nowadays. I believe it's about having the possibility to tweak and tinker, even having to go to extra complications, to achieve a superior product.
Hector Landaeta is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD