Headphone monitoring with 600D? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 16th, 2011, 07:52 AM   #1
Major Player

Headphone monitoring with 600D?

When using the 600D in combination with magiclantern, are you able to monitor audio via the mini USB jack like we are currently able to do on the 550D?
Brian Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Headphone monitoring with 600D?

According to this, no:

600D - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki
James Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Major Player

This is what I suspected. As much as I would like to upgrade, I will not until this feature is added. I wonder when it will be available with magiclantern?
Brian Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Trustee

As far as I know, the 600D Magic Lantern was a straight port of elements from the 550D/60D ML, rather than being designed from the ground up for that individual camera. What this means is that if there are any components that use different hardware or different coding, then ML features relying on that code/hardware will not work with a straight port.

Because the audio chipset in the 600D was different to the 60D and 550D, many of the Magic Lantern audio features don't work on the 600D. That might change once the developers actually do some more hardware specific work on the camera, but it might also mean they can never get the features to work with the new hardware.

It's still early days in the 600D Magic Lanter development so we'll just have to wait and see.
John Wiley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD