DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Issues loading the Technicolor Cine-Style onto my 60D (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/499920-issues-loading-technicolor-cine-style-onto-my-60d.html)

Paul Digges August 23rd, 2011 03:44 PM

Issues loading the Technicolor Cine-Style onto my 60D

Rocking the latest firmware version on the camera and EOS Utility 10.2.0. I can get to the point where I can "Register Picture Style File" but when the dialogue box pops up to do so the "folder" open button is grayed out. I've got the Picture Style File located in My Documents. that shouldn't matter right? Camera is in movie mode as I read a comment saying that the camera stores the Picture Styles for Movie and Still separately.

Anyone have any ideas here?

Jordan Hooper August 23rd, 2011 06:22 PM

Re: Issues loading the Technicolor Cine-Style onto my 60D

Yeah, I went through this issue a while ago so I don't remember the exact steps but you have to get it in there as a picture mode option first. So that means having the camera set to M or P, not movie mode to get the option to be not greyed out with EOS Utility.

Once it's in there then change to movie mode and then assign it to one of your user defined presets. I don't have the camera with me to rediscover how I did it but it has something to do with using the info/display button to make it happen somehow. There was some problem trying to do it just in the main menu. Some quirky thing. I remember at the time thinking, "Wow, they sure made that difficult and non-intuitive."

Just get it in there as a picture style then start poking around menu and quick menu and some combination of the info/display button. I think I found a hint on these forums somewhere too. Try searching "cinestyle movie mode" and you might dig it up.

I know this isn't that helpful but seeing as no one else has answered maybe this will give you a start.

Paul Digges August 23rd, 2011 06:30 PM

Hey thanks Jordan, that totally was what I needed to do. Got it up and running now!

Roger Keay December 17th, 2011 06:26 PM

I couldn't tell if the difference between the Cinestyle setting in the still section and the Standard setting in the User 1 of the movie mode was just an aberation in the camera software or something I had missed. This thread provided the answer. Thanks Hooper and Digges.

In case anyone else is looking for the procedure to set Cinestyle in the movie Picture Styles, here it is:
Put the camera in movie mode
press "Menu"
scroll across to the third menu from the left
scroll down to "Picture Style" and press "Set'
scroll to the "User Def. #" that you want to use and press "Info"
scroll to "Picture Style" and press "Set" - up and down arrows appear on the right of the selection
scroll to "CineStyle" and press "Set"
if you want to set the Technicolor recommended Sharpness (0), Contrast(-4), Saturation (-2) and Color Tone (0) you can do it now
press "Menu" until you get out of the menus

That should do it.

Viktor Bludov January 4th, 2012 09:11 PM

Thank you Roger.
This was very helpful.