7D EOS & Technicolor Cinestyle MacBook Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Major Player

7D EOS & Technicolor Cinestyle MacBook Pro

Hello,
I am wanting to download the Cinestyle for my 7D because I am gonna finally dabble into some color grading in post. I've got a New Macbook pro with OS X version 10.6.8 which should be within requirements. The file is an "exec" type and when I try to open it it says that I don't have the required software to open. Does anybody have any insight as to what I may need or what I am missing? Thankyou.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: 7D EOS & Technicolor Cinestyle MacBook Pro

You need to load cinestyle into the camera, not run it on the computer...? At least that sounds like thats what your doing?
Justin Molush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #3
Major Player

I need to download the file to my Mac and hook up the 7D to download it into the Picture Styles menu. I can't get it to even open up on my MacBook. Why wouldn't a Brand new MacBook Pro be able to open a exec file??? Is there another way to get the Technicolor Cinestyle onto a Canon EOS camera???
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #4
Major Player

.EXE applications do not run on OSX.

Download the mac version of EOS utility.
Justin Molush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:55 PM   #5
Major Player

That's right: EXE stand for 'Executable' and will only work on a Windows platform. You need the .dmg extension for a Mac.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 05:45 PM   #6
Major Player

thanks Justin and Luc. Have either of you used the Technicolor Cinestyle on the 7D? If so, are you convinced that it pulls details from the blacks and shadows on this camera as described? I am fully aware that color grading is needed in post when using Cinestyle and what it is supposed to do.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD