Problem installing magic lantern - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 12th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #31
Major Player

Re: Problem installing magic lantern

If you are using a pc make your card bootable with EOScard EOScard - CHDK Wiki then copy and paste the other files folders that you need on the other cards. Or do the same as you did the first time and use the camera to make cards bootable.
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #32
Major Player

Thank for the info. I understand now. I find for others reading this note than making the Sd card bootable is easier if done in the camera. Which is to goto the firmware option in the Camera menus and click on firmware update, then wait untill Ml says "success". Then trun camera off and on again. For others that did not now this this makes Sd card bootable. And again I think is easier and less confusing that using a make bootable program on a PC.

Thanks,

John Gerard
John Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:28 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gerard View Post
...I am looking for the adapter cable for the 60D to monitor the Audio out from the camera. Can anyone direct me to where I can purchase or if one is not available a DIY instruction guide on how to build one...
There is some audio cable guidance on this page.

Sescom is the manufacturer with various dSLR audio cables, there products are available at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/765530-REG/Sescom_DSLR_550D_HOCF_DSLR_550D_HOCF_AV_Out_Headphone.html and elsewhere.

One of the challenges of working with open source / freeware like ML is finding the documentation, quite a bit of which is user-generated, and figuring out which is the best and accurate for your camera. The three best sites are the new Magic Lantern site, the official Magic Lantern wiki at Wikia, and the ML User Group at Vimeo, but you will find bits and pieces everywhere with some determined searching.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD