Memory Card - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 4th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Memory Card

Transcends are fine. I have been using class 6, and more lately class 10 in my EX1, for well over a year and more lately with my 550D and TM900. They have never missed a beat. These were the original cards that everyone was using when the SDHC card adaptors for the EX1 became available a couple of years ago. The problem with forums is, everyone has a different viewpoint on whats good and whats not. The only card you should use is the one you have tested, and satisfied yourself of its reliability.
BTW. I only ever use 16gb cards, all your eggs in one basket, and all that.
Old October 4th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariq Peter View Post
How many hours of video can I record on a 32GB SDHC Card If I were to record full 1080p? I have been told that its around 90 Mins. For a 16 Hour shoot that is going to cost me around £350 - £400 OMG is that right?
But you can use them over and over again, they pay for themselves 3 or 4 times over on one wedding.
Old October 4th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #18
Major Player

I've got a 32gig Transcend class 10. I've filled it many times and never had a problem with it. The price probably does suggest milage may vary though.
Murray Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Hold on a sec, are you really going to be filming 16 hours of footage on a 16 hour shoot? What exactly are you doing because a 600d probably isn't the right camera for this. The longest I've ever shot on a 16 hour day was 4 hours of footage, but that was a live stage show and we were going into AJA kipro decks.

btw
DSLRs will only record 4GB files or 12 mins of footage at a time. a 16gb card will hold about 45 mins of footage.
David Aronson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD