DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Just Bought Another 60D (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/501113-just-bought-another-60d.html)

Alan Halfhill September 27th, 2011 11:18 PM

Just Bought Another 60D

I like the camera so much I bought another one. I have been wanting a second camera for a while. Back in the film daze I always had at least two cameras (2 different types of film), sometimes the same bodies. Well now I have it again.
For me the 60D has been the best camera for what I do. Video and stills. It is the best camera for video Canon makes because of the manual controls and the swivel LCD. It is also a pretty good still camera as well. It is a nice compromise of both. So a second one was bought at Neal Photo in Philipsburg Montana.
Just used both cameras for a video shoot. One tight and one wide.

James Donnelly September 28th, 2011 02:39 AM

Re: Just Bought Another 60D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Halfhill (Post 1685068)
I like the camera so much I bought another one. I have been wanting a second camera for a while. Back in the film daze I always had at least two cameras (2 different types of film), sometimes the same bodies. Well now I have it again.
For me the 60D has been the best camera for what I do. Video and stills. It is the best camera for video Canon makes because of the manual controls and the swivel LCD. It is also a pretty good still camera as well. It is a nice compromise of both. So a second one was bought at Neal Photo in Philipsburg Montana.

I am curious what avantages you see for video in the 60d over the 600d. Just about to get myself a second camera too.

John Wiley September 28th, 2011 09:23 PM

Another of the advantages of the DSLR: how cheap it is to own multiple cameras. It might cost $5000 to buy your first body and a collection of lenses, but after that the 2nd camera setup is only $1000!

I never would've dreamed of having 3-4 matching cameras when I was shooting on Sony V1P's and Z1P's - that would've cost upwards of $20,000! But with DSLR's, you can just keep adding bodies, and (assuming you don't need to get a duplicate lens) you'll already have everything else you need. Same thing goes for when it's time to upgrade. You only pay $1000-2000 for a new body instead of $6000 for a whole new camcorder.

Pat Flores September 29th, 2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Halfhill (Post 1685068)

if you are ok with keeping the crop body then why not but personally if I go for a second set up I would look into full frame..(5Dm2)...of course assuming business is good enough for that kind of purchase...

Peter Phelan September 30th, 2011 04:34 PM

I have both 5D2 and 60D. Both have their good points, but I must admit to choosing the 60D if I am doing just simple one camera video. I have VF's for both cameras, but when shooting myself as the "talent", it is very conveneient to flip the screen around to be facing me for composition etc and then activate the video recording using the Canon infra red control.

Working alone on a two camera shoot needing wide angle coverage, I usually have the 5D2 with 17-40mm fixed (but occasionally adjusted for viewpoint - zoom etc) and "run around" getting close ups and general material using the 60D.

Peter

Pat Flores October 1st, 2011 10:03 PM

yeah sometimes that 1.6x is such a pain if you dont have a wide lens...sometimes not even 18(1.6) is wide enough...like in cars...