Rebel T3i sound and using lavs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 13th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #1
Major Player

Rebel T3i sound and using lavs

I have ordered two little signal boosting devices (Fiio E5) in order to use my two sets of Audio Technica Pro 88W R wireless units with the Rebel T3i. So that should reduce the somewhat hissy background noise I am experiencing when using one radio lav.

But now I want to either purchase, or have a special cable and mini 1/8th stereo plug made up, that will take the signal from each wireless receiver and route each mike to one leg of the camera's stereo input.

So this would be a "Y" arrangement, with each radio receiver feeding one side of the camera's stereo input.

Questions:

1. Had anyone done this?

2. Is there a ready made cable that I can buy off the shelf?

3. Are the two channels of audio on the Rebel 3ti "discreet" channels - that is to say, for instance, does the on-board compressor/AGC control both channels simultaneously or are they separate circuits.

Thanks so much for reading this convoluted description. Your help would be appreciated. Canon, naturally, have no idea what I'm talking about.

Best,

Harry.
Harry Bromley-Davenport is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD