LCDVF Versus Neewer LCD VF? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 22nd, 2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Major Player

LCDVF Versus Neewer LCD VF?

I have a LCDVF but this looks better.

What one do you like better? Also if you have tried both is it worth me buying it? althought the LCDVF is more expensive LOL

VS

Corey Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: LCDVF Versus Neewer LCD VF?

This is the GGS model under a different name.
Its worth having just for the +/-3 diopter adjustment, the swing up eyepiece is handy to have as well.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:09 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The GGS model is really excellent. A colleague & I have compared mine side by side with his Zacuto Z-Finder & there is little or no difference in use. The GGS is a flimsier plastic but it is about 1/10 of the price of the Zacuto.

I don't find the swing up eyepiece very useful at all & in fact after dropping my 5DII with a 70-200mm F/2.8L lens attached & the camera landing loupe downwards the hinge broke so I have stuck it with some superglue. It still works fine & if I want to look at the LCD screen directly I just unclip the loupe.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:53 PM   #4
Major Player

the one thing i notice is the lcdvf is 2x magnification and the neewer eyecup is 3x. that has got to help focus right?
Corey Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Benoit View Post
the one thing i notice is the lcdvf is 2x magnification and the neewer eyecup is 3x. that has got to help focus right?
Not really. All a loupe is doing is magnifying the LCD screen which on the 7D is just 640x480. So the pixels get bigger & whether double size pixels or triple size pixels is better is a matter of taste. It doesn't make any more detail out of the pretty low res image.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD