DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Has anyone used Magic Lantern on a T3i/600D yet? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/502527-has-anyone-used-magic-lantern-t3i-600d-yet.html)

Tariq Peter January 23rd, 2012 09:41 AM

Re: Has anyone used Magic Lantern on a T3i/600D yet?

I was up all night thinking about Magic Lantern are you still having issues?

Taky Cheung January 23rd, 2012 12:44 PM

I loaded the Dec 2011 version and used it last weekend at wedding. Everything works just fine (everything meaning the features that i care... focus peaking, movie restart, audio meter...)

Focus peaking still have issue after 3X crop zoom on or off after. Now it gets worst that the entire screen is filled with some red blinking dots. Have to turn off the camera to wait for a few seconds.

Otherwise, it works well. =)

Harry Bromley-Davenport January 23rd, 2012 02:03 PM

Have you tried to use "Magic Zoom" - or whatever it's called? The feature where you get a picture within picture for focusing. I can't get it to work in this version.

Harry.

Tariq Peter January 23rd, 2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 1711101)
I loaded the Dec 2011 version and used it last weekend at wedding. Everything works just fine (everything meaning the features that i care... focus peaking, movie restart, audio meter...)

Focus peaking still have issue after 3X crop zoom on or off after. Now it gets worst that the entire screen is filled with some red blinking dots. Have to turn off the camera to wait for a few seconds.

Otherwise, it works well. =)

Am I right in thinking that you install ML on each memory card before you go out on a shoot? I am so used to inserting a card and choosing format before I begin shooting. Also are you still using sandisk cards?

James Donnelly January 23rd, 2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tariq Peter (Post 1711139)
Am I right in thinking that you install ML on each memory card before you go out on a shoot? I am so used to inserting a card and choosing format before I begin shooting. Also are you still using sandisk cards?

You can format the card without wiping ML, a feature of ML, which restores itself.

Tim Bakland January 24th, 2012 06:29 PM

I am loving ML on the T3i. It's great for timelapse, too.

The only glitch for me is that the picture within picture focus (which does work fine normally) malfunctions AFTER you've zoomed in 3X. You have to stick with one or the other if you are going to check the focus.