Do you use a battery grip when filming events? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old January 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Do you use a battery grip when filming events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hardwick View Post
James - you have a 550D or a 60D? I always had the battery grip attached to my old 10D and simply assumed that I'd want the same with my new 60D. But no, the battery consumption on the 60D is amazingly low, even having a rear screen twice as large and twice as bright as my 10D's. In a full day of shooting the 60D battery comes home half full.

So I've not bothered, even though I really like the battery grip's ability to add height and therefore enable a wrist strap to go between top of cam and bottom of grip - much nicer than having a dangly neck strap.

tom.
550D. Yes, you have LP-E6's in yours which are better than the LP-E8s I use. Battery usage is one of many reasons though, but I see why you wouldn't bother.

The last straw for me was putting my last battery in during shoot to find that it wasn't charged. I was kicking myself for not having the grip with it's ability to shove in some AA's.
James Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: Do you use a battery grip when filming events?

I have lots of LP-E8 batteries for weddings. They aren't expensive like those batteries for Sony EX1/EX3 (over $300 a battery). I'd rather brings lots of batteries to do a paid job.

I also have LP-E8 that is 1400mah. The stock Canon LP-E8 is only 1120mah.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD