DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Advice on repair shops in London (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/504799-advice-repair-shops-london.html)

Jon Shohet January 27th, 2012 01:35 PM

Advice on repair shops in London

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

I recently arrived in London, going to be here for about a year. I already manged to almost drop my 60D+24-105 out of a third floor window (don't ask). Caught it at the last moment, the uv filter caught a blow, glass smashed. The lens and camera seem fine, however the filter got bent into the threading.

I would appreciate any advice on a good repair shop in London, as I cannot seem to manage to remove it on my own.

cheers.

Chris Soucy January 27th, 2012 05:18 PM

Re: Advice on repair shops in London

Given the scale of the damage and that it may have damaged the lens as well, here has to be the best place for it:

Canon (UK) RCC
Projectors, Professional Camera, Lens, Digital Video, Webcameras, Scanner, Binoculars, Professional Lens, Flash, Analogue Compact Camera, Analogue SLR Camera, Digital SLR Camera

(Note: Video - including HD models; Scanners - only Dedicated 35mm Slide Film Scanners {2700F, FS2710 & the FS4000 models})

Unit 130 Centennial Avenue
Centennial Park
Elstree
Hertfordshire
WD6 3SE

For Repair Status Information please click here.

Tel: 0844 369 0100
Please be aware that this number will connect you to our helpdesk. Select option 3 where the customer support agent will try to resolve your general repair enquiry. Please note that some calls may have to be referred to the Canon repair centre who will return your call as soon as possible.

Fax: 0208 731 4139
Web: Canon UK - Home

CS

Jon Shohet February 2nd, 2012 06:13 AM

Thanks Chris.
I would still prefer to first try a local shop, because if there's a chance the filter could be removed without damaging the lens, the lens itself won't need repair.
Some one recommended to me a place called "Fixation UK" in London, so I will prob try that. Any one familiar with it?
Any more recommendations are still appreciated.

Peter D. Parker February 3rd, 2012 04:45 AM

Jon,

True Lens Services

Peter

Jon Shohet February 3rd, 2012 05:23 PM

Thanks Peter. Still hoping for London recommendations, but it's always good to know :)

Chris Soucy February 3rd, 2012 06:05 PM

Elstree is, practically, London.

However, you can't quibble with this lot:

sendean cameras | london's leading camera store & repair shop

Camera Repairs London UK

Camera City London | cameracity.co.uk

Canon Camera Repairs, Digital Camera Repairs, Camera Repairs, UK, Pansonic, Fuji, Sony, Camera Repairs UK

Camera repair London

Gotta love Google.

CS

Jon Shohet February 10th, 2012 05:25 PM

Hi again,
Just for closure (and maybe it will benefit others in London):
I went to "Fixation" which was recommended to me. As I had hoped, there was no damage to the lens. The bent and broken filter was removed on the spot (took them about 10 minutes)
They charge 10 pounds + VAT for the work, or they do it for free if you purchase a new filter with them.

All in all I was very lucky. Thanks for your suggestions along the way.