Can a T3i do this? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old February 13th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Major Player

Can a T3i do this?

Hi,

I love this video https://vimeo.com/36644168 and thought can I do this with a t3i? I can't seem to find any videos of this quality using anything but a 5DMK2.
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Can a T3i do this?

I don't see why not, for quite a bit of that. The 5D2 has been around longer and was picked up by a lot of pros so there's going to be a much greater volume of things shot with it.
I forget if the 5d2 has less severe moire problems or the same as its smaller chip brethren, but these guys manage to control it pretty nicely in that clip in any case.
They also use Canon XF video cameras though, according to their site, so maybe there's some of that mixed in.
Murray Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #3
Trustee

they shoot 1DmkIV and 5DmkII, but if you're going to use better than OK lenses, it will take a very trained eye to tell T3i from bigger brothers, especially on the web
Old February 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #4
Major Player

It really is stunning, I have the Samyang 35mm 1.4, Tamron 17-50 and now in the process of purchasing the Tokina 11-16 as well as the Glidecam 2000HD. I hope I can get close to that with my setup.
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariq Peter View Post
can I do this with a t3i? I can't seem to find any videos of this quality using anything but a 5DMK2.
The old and favourite answer. Its not the camera that made the clip so special, its the guy behind it. His planning, his composing and his editing skills. The camera is just the tool he used to capture the shots he needed to work with. With such a high level of skill and creativity, he could have probably done the same with virtually any camera
Old March 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Rowe View Post
The old and favourite answer. Its not the camera that made the clip so special, its the guy behind it. His planning, his composing and his editing skills. The camera is just the tool he used to capture the shots he needed to work with. With such a high level of skill and creativity, he could have probably done the same with virtually any camera
Yeah, some people can produce ugly looking footage with the highest quality lens/cameras.
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tariq Peter View Post
Hi,

I love this video https://vimeo.com/36644168 and thought can I do this with a t3i? I can't seem to find any videos of this quality using anything but a 5DMK2.
Yes you can, if you have the artistry, experience and control over lighting, DOF and lenses. You can also do the same with an iphone, if you want. I have friends who use almost exactly the lenses you have and produce stunning results.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD