Intravolomiter for my 60D? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 27th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #1
Major Player

Intravolomiter for my 60D?

I'm ordering a 60D early next week. My primary use will be for still photography, and as a B cam to my fs100.

I was wondering if anyone has bought an intervalometer for their canon camera? I'm looking at the canon version.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/164271-REG/Canon_2477A002_Timer_Remote_Controller_TC_80N3.html
But I also notice some lesser expensive alternatives. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, or experiences with the above one, or any other?

I want to use for timelapse and also HDR photography. I believe I can already do a 3 shot exposure with the camera settings. But I would like to have the ability to do more then 3 exposures. Maybe 5 or 7 exposure HDR's

As always, thanks for the help and advice.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Troiano; April 27th, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Intravolomiter for my 60D?

Magic lantern!
Software for your 60D that does intervalometer and so much more...
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I got a $15 one and it works fine, but Magic Lantern is way more convenient solution. Don't have to lug a remote device everywhere.
Chris Hsiung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #4
Major Player

I'm going to give Magic Latern a try. I think it has way more features then I'd be interested in using. But being able to more then 3 bracketed photos is of great interest to me.

I have been looking at the Promot Contol.

Promote Control - extended HDR bracketing controller

Can magic Latern allow for 9ev of dynamic range?

Ill be ordering my 60D tomorrow or Monday, so I've yet had a chance to explore magic Latern.
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Major Player

Anyone using Magic Lantern for HDR, can you tell me how to change the settings? I can turn it on, but after that I can figure it out. When I try to use, it takes 1 photo at 0, then drops exposure, takes another, then it takes a 3rd back at 0. I'd like to learn how to take some 5, 7, and 9 exposure HDR photos.

Thanks,
Jeff

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD