My life sucks - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old July 17th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: My life sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kren Barnes View Post
"I believe i paid $125 for mine and used it quite a bit until it got swiped...it was an ok budget lens for the money...got a Canon 135mm f2 to replace it.

cheers

Kren
what do you not like about the 135 f2.8, I'm bidding on a Nikkor 135 f2 ais right now
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #17
Major Player

Victor, sorry about what happened. I know that is tough to handle. I have about $20,000 of equipment and no special insurance for it. I have thought maybe my homeowner or auto policies might cover it but reading this thread has made me want to seek out some insurance specifically for my equipment.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Would you relax if your ex1r would smash to pieces falling on a concrete floor? :D

I at least treat all my equipment as gold-plated investment, I have worked hard for it so I do whatever I can to protect that, if you are on a students budget like Victor and expensive equipment, which he probably had to save a longer time for, gets damaged, that hurts for sure.
I agree with Noa. I personally invested in my EX1R (by pulling tons of strings) and the loss of it would mean my life would be over. Seriously. I can only invest in something this big once being jobless at the moment and being a fresh graduate.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoi Pham View Post
Cheer up grass hopper, couldn't be as bad as this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciqSdgLh_1w
Hilarious! In my opinion, it takes him 3 full seconds longer than it should to pull out his right arm (with the L lens/camera). Wouldn't your first instinct be to raise the equipment from the water?
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J. Ammons View Post
Victor, sorry about what happened. I know that is tough to handle. I have about $20,000 of equipment and no special insurance for it. I have thought maybe my homeowner or auto policies might cover it but reading this thread has made me want to seek out some insurance specifically for my equipment.
Start with your auto insurance agent (especially if he also writes your homeowner policy) and ask for scheduled personal items coverage. Be honest about use (personal or business/trade). State Farm sold me a policy for about $8,000 worth of personal photo and video gear for $1.70 per $100 valuation annual premium.

Coverage is for loss, but not "wear and tear". Theft, physical damage, fire etc. losses are covered. I had to provide sales invoice to show purchase cost and that is what I'm covered for. Since I deal mostly with B&H I was able to go back a few years and download copies of invoices I had misplaced. I also had to provide a list of items including serial numbers.

Check with your agents.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 07:54 PM   #21
Major Player

okay guys here are some updates. The camera shop try to repair it with parts sent from Canon, but the parts didn't fit. They try twice, and it still didn't fit. So they sent it to Canon. Canon fix it and sent it to the camera shop which sent it to my employer. Why he didn't just send it to Canon in the first place I don't know. But now I owe him about $750...
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD