Built in mic for 60D only recording on 1 channel at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old January 10th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Major Player

Built in mic for 60D only recording on 1 channel

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check if anybody here has experienced this problem on their 60D. At first i thought it was the shotgun mic that was the problem but after i took off the shotgun mic off the cam, the built in mic was also only picking up on one channel. Is this a mechanical or firmware issue? I also use Magic Lantern.

Thanks for your input,

Kren
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Built in mic for 60D only recording on 1 channel

Check your magic lantern audio settings. Did you set it to L:INT, R:EXT? That sets only one channel for the internal mic even I'd you take off the shotgun mic.
Chris Hsiung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD