Glidecam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:18 AM   #1
Major Player

Glidecam

I will be shooting a dance indoor tonight using my t3i and was wondering what frame rate and shutter speed you recommend. There wont be a lot of light so I am guessing I will be going up to 1600 iso and around f5.6. The issue really is the judder I will be doing a lot of pans around the dancers.

So want to get it to look the best as possible.

Thanks

Last edited by Tariq Peter; March 21st, 2013 at 06:44 AM.
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:02 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Glidecam

Also here please check out the cushions, I am shooting at 25p 1080 and 1/50th shutter ISO Auto. The judder which I see is quite bad. I have tried bumping up the shutter but no real difference.
Attached Files
File Type: mov DVD Menu1.mov (10.82 MB, 156 views)
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Glidecam

Im assuming you'll be on the glidecam given the title of the thread. We shoot 30fps (1/60 shutter) here in NTSC land to minimize the judder but i don't think there is a PAL equivalent for that frame rate.
Why is your aperture at f5.6? that is too slow for a dark (unlighted) indoor reception and jacking up the high ISO generally translates to more noise. To get the best look possible you either have to light it up or get a faster lens. we use a 14mm 2.8 lens on our T3i on a glidecam HD2000 with the ISO set at 800 and we still have use lights.

Kren

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD