T3i 3x crop at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old July 10th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Major Player

T3i 3x crop

Is the T3i the only model that still has the 3x crop mode? I am not talking about the digital zoom. The 3x crop that gives us the ability appear to have, say, a 200mm lens look like a 600mm lens without losing the quality like a digital zoom would do by magnifying pixels.

Is there any other EOS Canon camera that also has this 3x crop function working? Does Magic Lantern have the ability to apply this mode to some cameras?

Alex
Alex Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: T3i 3x crop

Canon removed that feature from T4i but put it back on T5i. Also from what I read in the new 70D, the 3x crop zoom is back.

I love that feature. It's very handy.
Old July 12th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: T3i 3x crop

Thanx for the info. I picked up a T3i yesterday and I was not sure how to get the 3X crop to work. Can anyone tell me how and where it is in the menus? I am still trying to learn all the Canon and Magic Lantern menus. I did get ML working ok.

Alex
Alex Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD