Updated for 2016-17: Which Viewfinders work on 60D/70D/80D? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 4th, 2016, 12:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Updated for 2016-17: Which Viewfinders work on 60D/70D/80D?

I've been scouring the web trying to figure out 2 things: which LCD optical viewfinders work on the 60D/70D/80D?

And is there a viewfinder that will work for the 60D/70D/80D *with* a battery grip?

I'm pretty good at scouring the web and am having a hard time finding anything about this. (Maybe I'm just using the wrong search terms?)

It seems like most viewfinders will work for these cameras and nobody bothers mentioning it...or none of them work.

I did find a few videos that seem to show the Carry Speed VF4 viewfinder working for these cameras...though most of these videos are a few years old...so I'm asking here in hopes of getting updated answers for 2016-17.

Thanks!
Scott
Scott Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2016, 09:51 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Updated for 2016-17: Which Viewfinders work on 60D/70D/80D?

Small HD monitors are scalable for the device they are connected to. Access the MENU for a full list, select the item for your device and the display changes to depict what your camera display shows.
Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2016, 05:48 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Updated for 2016-17: Which Viewfinders work on 60D/70D/80D?

Ed, I think Scott is looking for loupe-style viewfinder attachments as opposed to a HDMI EVF/Monitor.

When I had a 60D I bought one of the cheap magnetic ones from eBay for about $30. It worked fine and when I sold that camera several years ago the sticky-mount magnetic frame came off fine without leaving any residue. No problem with using a grip, as it's not relying on the tripod threads to mount it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD