Scarlet = 5DII still on order - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old November 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Browning View Post
If you think that's something, then get a load of this: the lowly 50mm f/1.8, at $80, is sharper than the f/1.2 in the corners at *all* apertures from f/1.8. And it's sharper 1/3rd from the center at f/2.8 and narrower. It's equally sharp in the center at f/2.8 and narrower. (I can link images if anyone would like them.)
I don't need images, because I have that lens. :) It takes great pictures, even if it does focus slow and feels more like a toy than my kids Fisher Price camera!
Tyler Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2008, 01:20 PM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Miller View Post
I wouldn't think that 35mm still camera lenses would be good enough for 5K on a 2/3 sensor. Especially 35mm zoom.
5K on 2/3" is only 3.2 micron pixels, that's almost the exact same as what people are using right now with the XL-H1, which has 3.3 micron pixels (it would be 2.5 microns if it had a true 1920 instead of 1440), and they seem to be getting usable results with 35mm lenses.

In any case, the MTF at the Nyquist frequency is only important if your output can show it, but I think many Scarlet users will have 1080p as the max output, and the MTF there will be much better looking.

The macro lenses such as 100mm f/2.8 would be excellent telephoto lenses lenses on Scarlet 2/3", except that their focus mechanics for normal-distance subjects leaves something to be desired. I think there are some other good options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Franco View Post
I don't need images, because I have that lens. :) It takes great pictures, even if it does focus slow and feels more like a toy than my kids Fisher Price camera!
Nifty Fifty, Fantastic Plastic, The Great One-Eight. :)
Daniel Browning is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD