My D90/5DmkII rig is ready to roll - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old November 18th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Nicholl View Post
Why the Manhattan monitor? I want to keep things a small as possible and have been looking at 7 inch models, whereas the Manhattan is 10.5 inches. But I know nothing about field monitors, so I’m curious why you’ve gone for that model.
Jeremy
The Manhattan LCD 10.9" offers HDMI and component inputs. It does a good job with my Sony EX1, but even at 10.9", I don't think that its hugely better than the EX1's LCD in Expanded mode. The main freedom is that you don't have to keep your eyes within a few inches of the EX1. The EX1 has an excellent LCD that exceeds what is offered in the Manhattan model. I wonder what such technology would cost in a 10.9" size. Another crippling factor is that Sony does not output its Expanded mode to the component outputs, and these portable monitors don't have a zoom function. Ideally, I'd like to have a Picture-in-Picture the screen area used for 2x or 4c zoom, with the full scene in a corner. You could move the zoomed area around with the remote control.

If you don't really need mobility and battery power, I'd suggest one of those 15" 720P LCD TVs with component inputs. Also, a good improvement for on-camera LCDs is the HoodPro viewfinder magnifying shade that converts your LCD to a viewfinder-like device. Excellent.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 11:34 AM   #17
Inner Circle

This may be a bit OT, but whats the word on adapting my old manual Nikon lenses to the Canon ?
Old November 21st, 2008, 11:13 PM   #18
Major Player

Chris Barcellos, I think your question will get a better response at this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/photo-hd-...-question.html
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 06:39 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Please don't think me a curmudgeon, but I'm not getting the point here. Is this an exercise in possibility or will this rig be used for serious shooting?? If the latter, what will be the advantage of this sort of rig over an EX1 or 3 with an adaptor and some good glass?? I have to say, it does look like an interesting concept.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media
Mick Haensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 09:47 AM   #20
Major Player

It's a smaller, ligher rig with better low light capability than my EX3 or EX1 with a 35mm adaptor. That's the advatange.

Dan
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Manhattan LCD manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Paul El-Darwish View Post

As a side note:
Everyone that's got an Manhattan LCD 10.9 there's good news! A user manual is in the works and should be ready for distribution in about 10 days.
Those of you that have figured out the hidden menus using the remote, ought to share their findings here! If you do, I'll pop you a little thank you via PP ;)
Hi M. Paul,

Any chance that manual is available yet? I've got the monitor.

Thanks!

Last edited by Greg Joyce; December 15th, 2008 at 12:06 PM.
Greg Joyce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD