5DmkII quick review - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old December 27th, 2008, 09:08 AM   #61
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Dahlberg View Post
Dan used the free application MPEG Streamclip (according to another of his posts).
I believe he used MPEG Streamclip to convert to Xdcam EX. Does MS convert to ProRes?

Those that understand binary, and those that don't!"
Dee Joslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #62
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Chung View Post
I'm going to hold off on making a judgement on how 5DmkII footage compares to that of the Sony EX until I've had more time to test it. Initial impressions are that the EX still give more lattitude and a crisper image but I reserve the right to amend that assesement.
I have done 2 comparisons of 5d Mark ll footage vs. EX1 footage over the past 2 weeks. This was not side by side but shooting the identical subject in pretty much the same environment from exactly the same spot.

I will post next week but I'm giving the "image quality" of the 5D the nod over the EX1. I'll go into the technicalities when I post the clips. Having said that, I don't see the 5D as a replacement of the EX1(3) or HVX or any video camera. It's not a video camera. It's a high end DSLR that happens to shoot a very solid quality 1080p. Although I did let my EX1 go in order to get the 5D, but hey, I'd rather love and lost than to never own an EX1 in the first place. I'll be doing a shoot at Longwood Gardens in PA. next week as well.

Those that understand binary, and those that don't!"
Dee Joslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 04:03 AM   #63
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Youngman View Post
Is it not possible to turn off the overlay? I would like to record the HDMI directly to a computer.
HDMI out drops to 480P when recording is activated - Japanese engineering wonders via marketing.
Toenis Liivamaegi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #64
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toenis Liivamaegi View Post
HDMI out drops to 480P when recording is activated - Japanese engineering wonders via marketing.
this doesn't bother me, because if I record directly into a computer, I wouldn't need to turn on the camera record feature so I it wouldn't switch to 480P.

-S

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD